aaa Improving Presets - Nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Improving Presets - Nova

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-Jul-00  @  05:00 PM   -   Improving Presets - Nova

GT

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

For those who might want to try....I removed all effects on the Nova preset patches, that revealed the Nova's true sound, cos there is way too much effects on the presets as is**, I use an O1v for verb/delays.

It takes a couple of days to modify 256 patches BUT is IT worth it!  

GT

**of course there are a few with good effects.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             26-Jul-00  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Improving Presets - Nova

Marvin

really, im gonna try meself as well. I don't really like the reverbs.

Message 3/6             28-Jul-00  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Improving Presets - Nova

TrevinDJ

Me mate has done that and he's really suprised at the clearer sound that he got out of the box.

TDJ

Message 4/6             28-Jul-00  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Improving Presets - Nova

xMaNx

isn't there an easier way to do this though?

Message 5/6             29-Jul-00  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: Improving Presets - Nova

Stefan

I think there is an easier way:
In performance mode you can make a "dry" part by setting the output to "Effects used: part", all effect sends set to zero.
Now any program you choose for that part will be played without effects.

Message 6/6             30-Jul-00  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Improving Presets - Nova

k

yes and by that you can also get a harder less 'produced' sound which alot of the presets have...- but that's why i ilke it, cos it gets you raw waves to work with in that context & lots of storage space for those raw custom edits, but also it's like a digital synth in that it gives you lots & lots of complexed presets that beginners and some of the more experienced would NOT be able to programme -

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)