aaa Problems with Nova Vocoder - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Problems with Nova Vocoder

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             30-Jul-00  @  06:54 AM   -   Problems with Nova Vocoder

jamie

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been trying everything to get a vocodered signal without being able to hear any dry signal whatsoever but it doesn't seem possible. Unlike other vocoders I've used there is always an element of the original signal so when I'm singing through a mic for example, you have to be in tune otherwise it sounds crap. Can anyone help or is it just a ridiculous design fault?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             30-Jul-00  @  07:02 AM   -   RE: Problems with Nova Vocoder

Lethal

I've found that if you have an input that's too loud, part of the original signals "bleeds" through to the output. I can rectify this by adjusting the input sensitivity og the trims....

Message 3/6             30-Jul-00  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Problems with Nova Vocoder

lightyear

Adjust the sibilance (vocoder menu) and turn it all the way up. Really improves the sound I think.

Message 4/6             30-Jul-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Problems with Nova Vocoder

Kinetik

Make sure your vocoder balance reads "vocoder only" (64) if you want no input signal present.

Message 5/6             31-Jul-00  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: Problems with Nova Vocoder

phunkytek

change the filter on the vocoder menu to noise instead of hf. It will give you the gritty robot sound. You can also modulate the osc with audio input as well.

Message 6/6             31-Jul-00  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: Problems with Nova Vocoder

subzerox

Link?:  Link

im new to the vocoder so could anyone tell me how to actually make a robot voice while my mic is hooked up? i try but i can still hear my original vocie in it

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)