aaa Virus Presets - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Virus Presets

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             09-Jul-00  @  03:54 AM   -   Virus Presets

caduceus

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I am looking to get a VA, and at the moment looking at the Virus b versus the Nova. I'm not going to ask you to choose for me, but I need to know, do the presets of the Virus realistically represent how good it is and the kind of results you can get when you are competanat at programming it. When I demo such synths I need to know the presets are telling the truth, as I do not know much about programming until I buy one.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             09-Jul-00  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: Virus Presets

PE

Link?:  No link

I guess just like other synths. No it is not a good representation.

Message 3/6             09-Jul-00  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Virus Presets

caduceus

Link?: Link

Thanks, at least Ill know now not to go on the presets alone. :-)

Message 4/6             09-Jul-00  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: Virus Presets

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

almost never go on presets. The only things I've heard with decent presets, were the electribes, the Pulse and the Q. And even those left plenty of room for improvement.

Ape

Message 5/6             10-Jul-00  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: Virus Presets

caduceus

Can you almost always take it as read that the synth sounds better than its presets then?

Message 6/6             10-Jul-00  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: Virus Presets

99devils

I have played with the Nova, and own a Virus... They are very similar beasts. You can get the same kind of sounds out of both. The differnece is in the character of the synth. To my ears, the Virus sounds a little harder and not quite as lush, but can be nastier and can do things the nova can't because of the extra digital waveforms it has. On the other hand, the Nova's got a great arpeggiator, and sounds a bit fuller... One thing that the presets can tell you about the synths, at least a little bit, is how that overall subjective character differs between the two. Neither synth's presets will show you everything it can do, but you're not likely to get something out of one that you can't get reasonably close to on the other.

Of course, if possible, you should try to get to a shop and play with both.

Hope this helps,

-Craig

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)