aaa I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Original Message                 Date: 24-Nov-98  @  02:52 AM   -   I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

DeepBlue

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Would'nt that be groovin'. She'd have to be a total fox...I'd come home from work and find her
in a leather teddy fondlin' her silver box. I'm
totally serious...we could share our passion for
synth together...like I said before it would be
sooo groovin'. You've got my mail...No weirdos!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/103             08-Feb-99  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

pedicelli

It's all about timing. You have a very slim chance of becoming successful today in the techno industry. If you haven't made it big before 1994, then forget about it. That was even a little too late. Take a look at The Prodigy and Ultra-Sonic who made their debut in 1991. That was perfect timing cause the rave scene was still peaking high...I would love to make a living off of techno, but it costs too much money and there's not a lot of people to give you attention cause there's too many people doing it.

And don't bitch to me about Charly....it didn't destroy rave, and the Alley Cat Mix is still a song which beats harder than a lot of the shit being made today.

Message 52/103             09-Feb-99  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

Yeah, point taken but the prodigy? I never did rate their stuff- too rock influenced for me, I know they are really popular but I'm talking real techno such as Derrick May, Carl Craig, Black Dog, Aphex, Interlect 3000, LFO, and the real spaced out funked up life inspiring freaky trippy futuristic dirty ugly beautiful pure unadulterated no compromise TECHNO! Like the scene was in 88 when everyone was real, I mean the days before "grooveboxes" and every fucking synth with a 909 kit in the presets. Don't get me wrong I'm no luddite, progress is very important to me and I'm all for cheap gear which gives quick results, but don't you think the scene has gone a bit "painting by numbers" Surely I'm not the only one who feels like this?

Message 53/103             16-Feb-99  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

Here hear!

Message 54/103             16-Feb-99  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

pedicelli

Wo, wo, wo....before 1996 with Firestarter and with a few exceptions like Break & Enter, Their Law, and Voodoo People, The Prodigy were pure breakbeat techno with no rock influences....when it came to that type of music, no one beated harder than Liam Howlett; now the guy has turned into a complete dick....

Me, personally, I don't like all the groovebox shit...I don't like any kind of equipment that makes techno easy to make....complications make the field more narror for people to enter, so it's nice to have a piece of equipment which comes with a phone book as a manual....

Now, I'm not basing the simplicity-difficulty of a piece of equipment to judge if it's good or not, but you get what I'm saying. Take my Korg Prophecy for example....if you don't know how to cycle thru menus or don't know much terminology, then the thing's a worthless piece of shit to you and you're stuck with cheesy presets...

Anyways, if anyone wants to respond to what we're talking about, start a new subject heading with the appropriate title...

Message 55/103             18-Feb-99  @  04:04 PM   -   my hot girl DOES dig the BASSLINE

it's all true

She does dig the Tb... i have these semi-nude
pix of her tweeking the pots

But she likes my MPC2000 more... she turns it
on before lovin because she thinks it provides
just enough light in the room to look at all
the fun parts

DJ mandark
chicago

Message 56/103             19-Feb-99  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

duke303

What do you mean, semi nude? What can you see? Is she shaved? Please post as many pics of Lara as possible. Thanxs!

Message 57/103             20-Feb-99  @  12:56 AM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

pedicelli

The green LCD on my Korg Prophecy along with those lovely red lights from the buttons are pretty nice too! Although my girlfriend hates everything to do with techno except for maybe the sound of the 303 when she feels like it and maybe a couple of songs...

Message 58/103             14-Apr-99  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

Blue Again..

I just wrote this novel and somehow it did not make it through the matrix. Let me try again. How's everyone doing? It's been a while since I've chated so excuse me if i tend to ramble..I got a 303 thinking about a devilfish mod. My Vst is a total bitch! I should have went for the best cpu hard drive first or waited till i had vst. Acid house is alive over in france. Cant get my expander to work right through all of this bullshit. Syphon filter is the bomb. So is metal gear solid. The jupiter 8 is a versitile synth. One time i got a casio cz 101 to sound like a 303. I sold it and now have a cz 1(flagship back in the day) I will be playing in the S.F.bay area very soon now. I will inform dates and places when it happens. My daughter is almost 2 and she has it bad for electronic music. I almost spanked her for touching daddy's 303. She had it on the floor with headphones on and all..(just the the pictures!) Cant think of a name for my studio music project label corporation rule the world 3 times over (just kidding) I told you i could babble anyways much love to this crowd because we know where it's at..Happy filtering. and may the Q be with you...Always.

Message 59/103             14-Apr-99  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Cubase VST is horrible if you don't have the processing power...
I finally got a hold of version 3.650 so that I could engineer Rebirth, and the bloody thing crashed after too much intensity...

Message 60/103             16-Apr-99  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: I wish I had a girl who diged the Bassline...

a

My girl, dosn't only like the music, she's dancin' to it, makin' it, mixin'
it, puttin' my 1210's to the test as well.
She has given her life to techno/house and trance.
(not all that into bassline. but still.)
She's half phillipino/norwegian. (goodlokin')
Her name is Rose. (aka Dj Rose.)

Im in heaven..!! Thank you God.!!!

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

There are 103 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)