aaa To self - Oscillate.. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: To self - Oscillate..

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 29-Oct-00  @  12:27 AM   -   To self - Oscillate.. newbie question

metaphy99

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Every couple of weeks I see someone use the terminology self-oscillation. What is self-oscillation? Why do people speak of it like it's real special, is this something I should want to do? Does Waldorf , Nord, and Nova do it? Does the Virus B do it????

Evar

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/75             12-Nov-00  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

nothingnewhere

the reason some filters dont oscilate is because thier resonance cant go up high enough. there are probobly also filters that just cant oscliate by design too...

Message 52/75             12-Nov-00  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

boomer

can't oscillate by design makes sense to me, but i don't know about resonance can't go high enough. Because in principle, resonance is nothing but amplifying some band in the cutoff range, and that's probably one of the easiest parts in filter design.

Message 53/75             12-Nov-00  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

boomer

metaphys99, can u say what you said again in plain English please? My German is still better than English after all these years.

Message 54/75             13-Nov-00  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

metaphy99

Hey Boomer,
Just thanking everyone for the information . Rather than discuss it forever I just wanted anyone who is self oscillating with a virus successfully to share how they are doing it. If it can't be done then C'est la Vie (that's life).Thanx for your input also!

Evar

Message 55/75             13-Nov-00  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

influx

Link?:  Link

OH. MY. GOD.

EVERYONE who got caught up in this, get out your dictionary and look up PEDANTIC.

then look in the mirror and repeat over and over again, while looking DIRECTLY into your own eyes:

PEDANTIC PEDANTIC PEDANTIC PEDANTIC

then go home.

discuss less, do more. no?

Message 56/75             13-Nov-00  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

boomer

hehehehe influx, have u looked up pedantic yourself too? The discussion is over! just joking. no offense. ;-)

Evar, so what does self oscillate mean to u? If it means like I understand (it's just the sound, not the matter of having the signal passing thru the filter or not), then I can show you that.

Message 57/75             13-Nov-00  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Want to get self oscillation out of your Virus? Set your RES to 126, and then set your noise to 001. Your filter should self oscilate producing a sine wave, with a pitch that follows your filter envelope, ketracking and modulation settings respectively. Simple. DSP or otherwise. Now, go be musicians, not a wanker. Else, you will get strong wrists, calloused genitalia, and no gigs.

Ape

Message 58/75             13-Nov-00  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

Rude Bwoy

Damn my palms need another shave.

Message 59/75             13-Nov-00  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

r-tek

I`d shave mine if it weren`t for the friction burns.

Message 60/75             13-Nov-00  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: To self - Oscillate..

phunkytek

My nova self oscilates. If you adjust the res up to 127 and then turn the res knob up all the way and the the filter tracking to 127 and then the Q knob down until sub bass thunders out. It sounds just like my 101 with similar settings. It's very deep and warm old school bass. peaks in the 20-45 hz range. It could'nt do it with out the sine wave produced by the filter, there is no oscillator comming through, just the filter.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 75 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)