aaa Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Nov-00  @  02:24 PM   -   Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV?

Maarten

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Yippie! I finally got me a MIDI=>CV converter. At last I can use my SH-101 to greater extend in my set-up. I'm still at work, havn't gotten round to trying it yet. Just read on the web that I have to fine-tune the trim and tune. Could someone explain in plain, childish dutch(kidding)/english how to do this / what for / etc. etc.

Thank you again and again,

-M-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             15-Nov-00  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV?

Maarten

BTW, Phillip Rees little MCV.

Message 3/7             17-Nov-00  @  08:25 AM   -   RE: Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV?

Maarten

I tried it out yesterday but there seems to be no difference in pitch when I sequence from my MPC.Shit, such a little box with so little switches and I'm lost! Desperate here.....

-M-

Message 4/7             17-Nov-00  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV?

aaron

Link?:  No link

you may have to set up the oct/volt crap

Message 5/7             20-Nov-00  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV?

Maarten

I did. Anyway, over the weekend I got it to work half. I connected the gate out on the MCV to the ext. clock in on the SH-101, at least this way I could use the int. sequencer in the 101 in sync with the rest by inserting the pulses on my MPC. But I kinda had the idea that I was gonna be able to just sequence the whole deal on the MPC2k, was I wrong?

-M-

Message 6/7             20-Nov-00  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV?

phunkytek

Link?:  No link

No, you were right. you need to make sure you have the unit set to voltage per octave. Yamaha and other gear used hetz per octave. There should be a giude in the manual that lets you look up the voltage setting for roland. Roland/arp/sci used the same setting. If you were getting trigering , but no note changes, you may have had the gate and cv backwards. The cv controls the pitch, and the gate opens and releases the trigger. I use the bass station to cv/gate my 101. In the manual it says there are 3 settings for various synths. Find out what voltage setting is for Roland on your unit, and connect the gate out of the converter to the gate in on the 101. Then connect the cv out on the converter to the cv in on the 101. Should work fine unless you have a faulty socket.

Message 7/7             21-Nov-00  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: Tickle and fiddle the MIDI=>CV?

Maarten

In that case I fear to have a faulty socket... the connections were correct and the volt per oct.was set right aswell. Set it to, I believe 5 volt-correct setting. Shit, the MCV wasn't that cheap and now I might need to have the SH serviced? Fuck, this is the first time I'm (probably) encountering hardware probs, spoiled brat I am.

Thanks for the info though,

-M-

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)