aaa Buying a Nord Lead 2? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Buying a Nord Lead 2?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             01-Aug-00  @  10:41 AM   -   Buying a Nord Lead 2?

mouse mania

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

so is this a bad idea what with the nord lead 3 coming out in late august?
i've determined that for the price (under $1200 vs. $1700 for the nl3) I'd rather have the nord lead 2, but I'm afraid of the price dropping after the NL2 comes out. how likely is this of happening?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             01-Aug-00  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Buying a Nord Lead 2?

99devils

Umm, it probably will drop a little bit, but you'll run the risk of missing out on a Lead 2 entirely if you wait too long... Is it worth the current price to you? Then go for it now!

-Craig

Message 3/7             01-Aug-00  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: Buying a Nord Lead 2?

mouse mania

actually, I bought one last night at sam ash. They had one of the new Nova X keyboards (for $2k) but the Nord held more charm for me. I was originally gonna get a Virus, but I decided to go for a Nord Lead 2/Nord Modular combo.
still waiting for the modular, but I'm blown away by the nl2--I'm going to sell my jp-8080 asap now.

Message 4/7             01-Aug-00  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Buying a Nord Lead 2?

subzerox

Link?: Link

yo yo im inm a lil bit it a pickle
i wanna get a Waldorg XTk,virus indigo,nordlead3
but i can only get 2
what to do what to do

Message 5/7             02-Aug-00  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: Buying a Nord Lead 2?

99devils

XTk and Indigo. The Virus is awesome (I like mine better than my NL). The Virus can definately be the workhorse analog centerpiece of your whole rig. The XTk is wavetable, and is great for cold dirty digital stuff. Having a Nord and a Virus is a luxury. Nobody has a _need_ for both pieces. The NL3 is expensive for it's specs.

BTW - I don't know your level of experience here, but if you don't have a sampler already, I'd recommend that you get just 1 of the above and a good sampler. You can do almost anything with one.

-Craig

Message 6/7             02-Aug-00  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Buying a Nord Lead 2?

subzerox

im not to experienced but im a fast learner n now i start actually readin the manuals lol
and i have a W-30 so thats my sampler but normally im not into sampling
anyone can sample a sound but theres nothign like having a knob on yer hand to play with =)

Message 7/7             04-Aug-00  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: Buying a Nord Lead 2?

Jason

Sell your JP 8080? Are you sure? Unless your low on cash and need to sell or you really feel your not going to miss the sound quality of your JP 8080. I like my JP 8080 by the way. That Roland sound.

Later

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)