aaa what OS is in Supernova II keyboards - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: what OS is in Supernova II keyboards

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             08-Aug-00  @  08:25 PM   -   what OS is in Supernova II keyboards

craig

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

just wondered what OS version is in the new keyboards, anybody who's got one.

thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             09-Aug-00  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: what OS is in Supernova II keyboards

Kinetik

OS in the keyboards is 1.0

This is the rough equivalent of the OS 4.0 to be made available for older Novation products in the supernova range.

Message 3/7             09-Aug-00  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: what OS is in Supernova II keyboards

Kinetik

Phill has asked me to make the following point clear :

I've said that the keyboard's OS is "roughly" equivalent to the forthcoming OS 4.0 for the older products.

By "roughly", I mean that although we'll try to incorporate many of the features present on the new keyboards into 4.0 for the older machines, there undoubtably will be some features that we will not be able to take across, and others that will be present in a slightly reduced or modified form.

Hope that's clear.

Message 4/7             09-Aug-00  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: what OS is in Supernova II keyboards

craig

yeah that's understood of course, otherwise vI and vII would be the same :-)
thanks for the reply

Message 5/7             09-Aug-00  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: what OS is in Supernova II keyboards

realtrance

Link?:  Link

Kinetik,

Thanks; I think anyone who's got even the slightest understanding of how this all works will be ever-thankful for what improvements can be made in a final OS update for the old line, and will understand there are a bunch of features on the new instruments that distinguish them decisively from the first generation, due to hardware differences.

My only request, myself, is that if _anything_ has been touched in a way that will change its functionality in the final SN update -- for example, say, 1/16th of a nanosecond less reverb time, to allocate more memory for a new function (just a made-up example, BTW!) -- I would like for Novation to let us know that in some detail prior to upgrading.

NOT so that we can have a committee discussion and argument and flame-war over the decisions made, only so that I, as someone who absolutely loves the sound of my current instrument, can make an informed decision about whether to upgrade or not.

Nice thing about the SN is that there's no problem going back to a previous OS version, so maybe this isn't really critical, though; just a useful time-saving favor, if at all needed (i.e. perhaps there will only be gains, no trade-offs).

rt

Message 6/7             13-Aug-00  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: what OS is in Supernova II keyboards

sitar

Yea I just reloaded 3.1.2. It was fun watching all the lights flashing again as it received the sysx transmission. Alright it's true. Maybe I don't get out enough.

I loaded the OS in again because I got tired of turning on a few of the performances and hearing the changes I made to some of the programs. I know. I should order the expansion board.

Message 7/7             14-Aug-00  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: what OS is in Supernova II keyboards

realtrance

sitar,

All else aside, -yes- you should order the expansion board, with all the stuff going on it really adds to the sound of the SN.

rt

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)