aaa It's oh...So quiet... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: It's oh...So quiet...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             12-Jul-00  @  06:24 PM   -   It's oh...So quiet...

Fresh Pants

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Wow. Hush city over here. Hey Phunkytek, did you ever get your MIDI sorted? Hmmm. I got another bit of kit since my MicroModular (DX7 for those high school nostalgia days), but I've really had fun with the Micro. Haven't quite gotten around to programming my own patches yet, still trying out the thousands of other ones out there. If anyone's interested I have a little track I threw together with an ESI-32 and the Micro. I love my MicroModular. Fun, fun, fun. What's everyone else up to?

FP

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             13-Jul-00  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: It's oh...So quiet...

99devils

Waiting for my Nord Lead to be repaired by the distributor. It's been months and months and months...

-Craig

Message 3/7             25-Jul-00  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: It's oh...So quiet...

GT

Du Ya Think it be worth it to trade a NL2 for a Nord Modular - full rack

Message 4/7             25-Jul-00  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: It's oh...So quiet...

subzerox

Link?: Link

personally id keep yer NL2 unless u wanna blow yer brain tryin to learn how to program a modular synth

Message 5/7             31-Jul-00  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: It's oh...So quiet...

phunkytek

The Modular is easy as hell if you own anything analog, and know how to use it. Trying to program with submenus and little LED screens is compared to having it all up on the screen of your computer is lkike going from a Yugo to a Cadillac. I had the Modular a week and I made a patches to emulate a juno,a 101, and a 303. If you know the signal path of the synth and it's modulation capabilities, then creating a clone is easy.The 303 did'nt really sound authentic, but the 101, and juno patches are spot on. No FP, I had to get a new midi interface, but I was low on Irqs, so I scraped the whole thing, sent it back and I have a microwave xt, on the way, and I bought a Nova. I did'nt like the pause between patch changes. Very unpleasing in live set up.

Message 6/7             31-Jul-00  @  07:35 AM   -   RE: It's oh...So quiet...

Fresh Pants

That's too bad (Phunkytek). I know the IRQ thing all too well. I had to ditch something for my SCSI card to get going right. SCSI is the ONLY way to go for samples. I'd love an XT.   As far as trading an NL2 for a modular, I think it's a tough call. Is the NL2 a rack or keyboard? The modular isn't going to replace the NL2, while the NM can do all the sounds of the NL2, it lacks the polyphony of the NL2 (NM without the DSP expansion). On the other hand, the NM has greater sonic potential, more routing capabilities than anything. I'd say unless you need to get rid of a controller and want to get into some real programming (not that difficult, but it does open a new dimension of time consumption - almost like a game   ) than keep the NL2. Besides the keyboard has that cool little wooden pitchbend. But as with all new gear suggestions, it really depends on your existing setup and what you really want to do. But hey, in regards to both they're red, they're Nord they're good.  

FP

Message 7/7             31-Jul-00  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: It's oh...So quiet...

subzerox

jesus brett how much stuff u got?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)