aaa The Worlds Best Synth - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: The Worlds Best Synth

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 20-Apr-99  @  10:04 PM   -   The Worlds Best Synth

Mo7

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Let me just say that it doesn't exist. Sorry but it doesn't.
This is just my way of letting people know that most synths have there place in your studio you just have to find the right place for it. In some caese its the garbage but not always. I've gone through many synths in the 2 years live been trying to make it as they say. some are crap and others I can't beleave I sold. We have to go through the "I don't know what to buy so I'll get what the other guys buy" phase. At first I bought a master keyboard and tons of modules but that is definetly not the way to go. Your better off with the keyboards. The more hands on the better.

One thing that really bugs me as that when I read a review it's always comparing the synth to a 303. get the fuck over it if you want a 303 get the fucking 303 and shut the hell up. Why would you buy a synth to sound like another synth. the rave-o-lution doesn't sound like a 303 so don't get it. give me a fuckin break.

All synths have a little something to contribute to your sound.
I'll give you a little run down of the synths I regularly use and what i use them for .
-Korg Prophecy- The pads are incredible. 13 osilators help to sculpt the sound. Can you say FAT. Its also a great controller with the dials and aftertouch.
-Roland String Ensemble- Great sampled strings. makes it on all tracks.
-Roland MC-303-Big peice of crap what the hell was I thinking. I do however use a few drum sounds.
-Roland Sound Canvas- GM for internet music. I've been know to use a patch or two on a track.
-Novation Bass Station- Bubbly acid and super mono bass lines
-Korg ER-1- Awesome drums
-Korg EA-1- Great synths. Analog heaven and easy to use.
-EMU ESI 32 sampler- collects all the dust.
-CS2X- Great controller and really nice arpegiator. Sounds are decent to.

None of these could work alone but togheter its a powerful package to be feared.

I got to get back to work bye.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 61/71             01-Apr-00  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

nobody

Link?:  Link

give me an excuse did you??

there are brave souls who dream men are not brothers. oh wait. brothers, & not foes. all 10 toes, except when they don't. replace half-truth, our real enemy, that old age hate putting hats on little dogs to make them l00K just Soo, aren't dogs pure like castile soap?

for centuries, man struggles half-asleep, half-knowing, little, unobservant, hateful & jealous of the dodo bird. THEN CAME THE DUTCH.

there's still the kakapo, & it will continue TO BOOM (a booming bird i shit you not i shit you not)

i plead with you. donate money to me so that i can move down to new zealand, or mauritius & dedicate my life to saving birds.

full-truth, our only god, unites all mankind brave, the whole world is our country, our FADERLAAND, the sun that have not failed because of that great might, as teached by for & about 7000 years, b astronomers abraham & israel..

the heathens, heretics & philistines MUST PAY!

actually, i quite enjoy being a phillistine. let it

Message 62/71             01-Apr-00  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

R-Tek

thats better  

Message 63/71             04-Apr-00  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

adamfritsche

A friend of mine went to the NAMM show and saw the Andromeda A6. He didn't sound too optimistic about the A6 being available soon. The show model was barely functional. Many of the sections were not working and it appeared they still had lots of bugs to work out. He did confirm that it has VCOs and it is polyphonic. He wasn't sure about the exact specs but he thought it would do a maximum of 8, 2oscillator parts. It does have 8 individual outs for each voice and 2 analog inputs for routing external signals through the filters etc... Also, the individual parts are stackable to create thick, layered parts. He didn't have much to say about the sound because by the time he got to the alesis both the A6 had shut down. From word of mouth, it sounded like the A6 would do some pretty amazing effects as well as the typical analog leads/basses. If I can dig some more info up I post it. In the meantime check the alesis site: www.alesis.com/

Message 64/71             05-Apr-00  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

Phunkytek

Thanks for the info. I'll still need to figure out how to pay for it when it is finaly available. $4000 bucks is pretty intimidating. That's what student loans are really for. Gear!!!!!! Every semester, New Gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 65/71             22-Apr-00  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

oren218

Hey!
Try to get Studio Electronics stuff and you will blow out with its sound. I did!

Message 66/71             25-Apr-00  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

k

well veeering slightly off subject... why doesnt someone release a rack based modular system with sections you can slide in to the rack on boards like the old tantek or rebis racks... that'd be great !!

Message 67/71             26-Apr-00  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

Maarten

Link?:  Link

What do you mean , like "swappable"?

Message 68/71             20-May-00  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

Cro

The One I built
The Helix 6

Message 69/71             23-May-00  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

ds

Give me Keith Emersons rig any day. He has all the great synths in there, weighing but a few tonnes when you include the Steinway and the Rhodes, Mellotron and Hammond. But one has to be an actual player to deal with that monster, and progrock doesn't pay very well these days. Unless you're Keith Emerson or Rick Wakeman.

Message 70/71             28-May-00  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

nobody knows me

Link?: Link

The gear I love and use everyay:
MPC2000XL,S5000,CD3000,Doepfer MS-404,Touched By Sound DRM-2,777,Analog Solutions Mini Power System,Seekers Voice Spectra Vocoder,Roland RE-201 Space Echo,Ibanez AD202,Boss PC-2 percussion synthesizer,Boss VF-1(pretty decent space echo sounds),Finalizer96k,and a G4 w/Spark and Jam.(by the way I also bought a EA-1 but it just sort of sits there).I produce Acid Breakz,and a little Drum and Bass.This system performs beyond my wildest dreams and any day now everyone will know me.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 71 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)