aaa The Worlds Best Synth - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: The Worlds Best Synth

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 20-Apr-99  @  10:04 PM   -   The Worlds Best Synth

Mo7

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Let me just say that it doesn't exist. Sorry but it doesn't.
This is just my way of letting people know that most synths have there place in your studio you just have to find the right place for it. In some caese its the garbage but not always. I've gone through many synths in the 2 years live been trying to make it as they say. some are crap and others I can't beleave I sold. We have to go through the "I don't know what to buy so I'll get what the other guys buy" phase. At first I bought a master keyboard and tons of modules but that is definetly not the way to go. Your better off with the keyboards. The more hands on the better.

One thing that really bugs me as that when I read a review it's always comparing the synth to a 303. get the fuck over it if you want a 303 get the fucking 303 and shut the hell up. Why would you buy a synth to sound like another synth. the rave-o-lution doesn't sound like a 303 so don't get it. give me a fuckin break.

All synths have a little something to contribute to your sound.
I'll give you a little run down of the synths I regularly use and what i use them for .
-Korg Prophecy- The pads are incredible. 13 osilators help to sculpt the sound. Can you say FAT. Its also a great controller with the dials and aftertouch.
-Roland String Ensemble- Great sampled strings. makes it on all tracks.
-Roland MC-303-Big peice of crap what the hell was I thinking. I do however use a few drum sounds.
-Roland Sound Canvas- GM for internet music. I've been know to use a patch or two on a track.
-Novation Bass Station- Bubbly acid and super mono bass lines
-Korg ER-1- Awesome drums
-Korg EA-1- Great synths. Analog heaven and easy to use.
-EMU ESI 32 sampler- collects all the dust.
-CS2X- Great controller and really nice arpegiator. Sounds are decent to.

None of these could work alone but togheter its a powerful package to be feared.

I got to get back to work bye.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 71/71             02-Jun-00  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: The Worlds Best Synth

jbhamilt

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ultimate Synth???? Gosh!!!
It'd have to be the one that gives you what you want when you ask for it, eh? Honestly, Folks, who really gives a tuppenny stuff if it's analog or digital or strung together with gaffer. If it's moving, you're there.

I, myself, use an old beat-up JP-4 who's modules are all out of tune (is there a way to quick-fix this?) and an SH-101. These two I can sample and solo from. The p.c. sort of does the rest. This is coupled with a CS1x (yeah, yeah, I know...) and a tascam 244 for some really crap analog tweaking and voila! I can disturb the neighbourhood cats and slowly drive the people upstairs crazy.

So I'd say it's "horses for courses" really. Whatever gets you thru the night..... Go well.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 71 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)