aaa Nord's Rule - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nord's Rule

Viewing all 72 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

Original Message 1/72             13-Jul-00  @  05:35 PM   -   Nord's Rule

go to my website if u wanna email

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

just thought id say how much i love my nord 2!!!!
it rules buy one todayyyyyyyy
=)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/72             24-Jul-00  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

Gee

Link?:  No link

Great Synth, stroke her every night

Message 3/72             24-Jul-00  @  02:31 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

Fresh Pants

Pretty much anything Nord is good. All good, red tweaky goodness.

FP

Message 4/72             24-Jul-00  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

k

no music brett ??

Message 5/72             25-Jul-00  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

sumbzerox

yup yup nords rule hehe
what u mean"no music?" K ????

Message 6/72             26-Jul-00  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

Sorry K, i sent it back. Sound wise it was a dream, but I had problems getting it to work with my midi interface. I've decided to keep all my vintage stuff. There are some really great things the modular did. The sound pallete was great. But, when a patch change is made the system has to pause while it reallocates sound engine resources. This was a definate no for live stuff. 18 Assignable knobs. Very flexible but this is not a synth for readymade music. Developing patches , assigning knobs and controlers is very tediouse, and requires you to create your own midi implimentation chart to keep things organized. For studio work I think we would have gotten along great, but I am puting together a live rig with 2 mmt-8s, a syntechno teebee, sh-101, juno, and my e-6400. I just added a Nova last week and I'm pretty impressed with the little blue bastard, and I returned the modular for a waldorf microwave xt.Like i said a great synth. The software and sound quality is great. The hardware needs some work. I would like to see some reverb and delay modules added and a way to fix the sound allocation so the new patch only occupies the old sound engine resource. An interuption in playback between program changes is not acceptable. If anyone would like me to email them the sh-101 patch I created drop me a line . It's pretty authentic. And, K ,I'm working on a song that I'm sending to a freind at moonshine . I'll post a ram file of it up somewhere next week. Brett

Message 7/72             27-Jul-00  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

Well Kilo, here is a sample. 3 tracks done in the last few months. Sorry, no mp3. Only have 5 megs on my server account here at school. No Nord on these tracks. I used a juno, 101, rebirth, emu-e6400, bass station,and dx-100. These are all germ tracks. I'm working on getting the final product done for release. Some of the parts are repetative,and reqire some changes. All in all they will be pretty damn slammin when I get done.Enjoy, Brett.

Message 8/72             27-Jul-00  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

k

mate youve completely done thr ramfile wrong - get it sorted out - there is a full tutorial on this site -

Message 9/72             27-Jul-00  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzerox

hey hey hey@phunkytek yer got the same name as me or somethin?
and if yer all wonderin about my music i dont post it online i only send it to people on my icq list

Message 10/72             27-Jul-00  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

Sorry, I had talked to K about the modular and said I would post a demoSorry if I mistook the thread he left. At any rate it's worth listening to.- Brett

Message 11/72             27-Jul-00  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzerox

nah i was just wondering if u were talkin to me or if yer name is teh same as mine as it seems that way

Message 12/72             27-Jul-00  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

I'm still learning html. So, please excuse the improper links to the ram files. I'm uploading to the server now, and hopefully it will work. Hey Sub,if your name is Brett, yes we have the same name. I love the Nord Sound. What's up with the Lead 3. Is it out yet. Looks pretty mean. I love the relative lights on the knobs so you can see where the patch has it set too. If they release a Modular 2, with the problems I mentioned eilier fixed,and some of the Leads features, I'll be back.

Message 13/72             27-Jul-00  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzerox

hey brett yes its pretty kool seein someone else with the name brett lmao we have rare names u n me and those lights around the nord3 knobs was my idea but in a diffrent context ages ago they stole it from me lol and im lookin real forward to the nord3 the nord sound shall live on forever n ever n ever n u get da point

Message 14/72             28-Jul-00  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

links are up and running. Check out some tracks i've done. Brett

Message 15/72             28-Jul-00  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzerox

yo brett i went to yer site but unless its me i dunno but i couldent check out the songs they wouldent load

Message 16/72             29-Jul-00  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

When did you go. I have changed the page and checked it from diferant places, and it plays fine now. I had some bad links uploaded. And if i was uploading to the server at the time it wouldn't play. Yesterday I was working on the page. Brett

Message 17/72             29-Jul-00  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzerox

i just went again now and still diddnt work it says "no combination of filters could b found to play the stream"

Message 18/72             29-Jul-00  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

it's your set up. Do you have real Player installed? All of my freinds have gone to it and listened. I went to realnetworks to see what the problem might be for you, and it states that that it is a problem with the real player's configuration if it can't connect to the server. I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what the filters message is unless you trying to use windows media player.

Message 19/72             31-Jul-00  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzerox

hey brett yeah i have realplayer installed n ive tryed a number of things
do u have a mp3 encoder or somethin ? u muight b able to put a mp3 up there

Message 20/72             03-Aug-00  @  10:24 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

Yes i do have an mp3 encoder. I use real player because you can't download it. i can't sell my songs if i'm givving them away on the net. I just sent some demos off to moonshine. It would be a licenseing issue if they accept the songs and i have mp3's on the net for download. The error message about the filters is a windows media player message. Try launching real player manually and typeing in the address of the files. http://www.dt.uh.edu/~barne005/spacebreak.rm or /sound_evolution.rm or /planet_trance.rm Are you able to play any real media from ohter sites. go to the transport section under preferances and hit auto configure. It will find the best transport. If you're on a network a fire wall might prevent streaming audio.

Message 21/72             13-Aug-00  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

ill b putting mp3 samples on my site soon so keepa checkin and phunky tek im shtill workin on gettin to listnin to yer songs

Message 22/72             14-Aug-00  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

Hey Sub,Great site. Looking forword to the sounds. I use a juno-106, novation nova & bass station rack, roland sh-101, yamaha dx-100, waldorf microwave xt-30, emu e-6400, alesis mmt-8, digitech talker, roland ds-90 monitors, and cubase vst24 with a yamaha dspfactory mixing system. I have an o1v on the way as well. I multi everything into cubase and then mix down from there. I create groups that are routed to the 16 channels on my ds2416 card for further dynamics and fx. The master is then processed in Wavelab 3.0.

Message 23/72             15-Aug-00  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

Link?:  Link

how come u use a basstation AND a basstation rack? n i wouldent mind a 106 most of my music is sequenced on my W-30 or ACID if im to lazy lol

Message 24/72             16-Aug-00  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

Hopefully I'll have my NL1 back shortly.

-Craig

Message 25/72             16-Aug-00  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

i dunno what life would b without my nord lol i dont think id have the power to send it away

Message 26/72             16-Aug-00  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

You would if it didn't work, and you wouldn't miss it all that much when you had just gotten a Virus  

Unfortunately I may have to sell her (money issues), but I'm going to try hard not to let that happen.

-Craig

Message 27/72             16-Aug-00  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

Hey sub, I don't have the rack and the key board bass station, just the rack. I think I'm selling the bass station to get a syntechno teebee. If I get a nord lead 2 I'll have to sell the juno. For the money I really like the Korg ms2000 as well.

Message 28/72             17-Aug-00  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

hey phunky tek ive added soem sounds now and on the nord everythin i did on the juno the nord did it betetr including bass the ms2000 only has 4 voices so id say the nords way better

Message 29/72             21-Aug-00  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

are you talking about those samples of the Nord. Where are your tracks? I saw bt live last week. He sucked. He had 3 ms 2000 keyboards, and he played the same patches out of them the whole show, and everything else was pre recorded onto an sp-808 that he did some tempo tricks with the d-beam. he had the bass cranked so high you could barly here any mids, and his piano riffs where total slop. He was an hour late, and coked up beyond belief and he only played for 45 minutes because people were walking out on his set. It was the biggest let down.

Message 30/72             23-Aug-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

pity@BT cause his musics to kool and im not putting my osngs online i only send to people via icq and yeah i was talkin about some samples of the nord andi got loads of samples of my 808 and 909 there now to

Message 31/72             23-Aug-00  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

what is the icq account I've heard about?

Message 32/72             24-Aug-00  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

My NL arrived this morning! Can't wait to play it!

-Craig

Message 33/72             24-Aug-00  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

You got a 2 right. What's the diferance between the 1 & 2? I'm torn between the Virus Indigo and and the Nord. I might get a nord 1, and a virus rack. I have to sell my juno-106 and my bass station rack first.I've been sentimental and putting it off. I just never use them anymore.

Message 34/72             25-Aug-00  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

I've got a Nord I, and a Virus A. Difference between Nord I and Nord II?

Nord I is 4 voice upgradeable to 12 (don't buy unless it's a 12-voice, the expansion is like $400), no filter distortion, 2 outs. Nord II is 16 voice, filter distortion, 4 outs, also has a sine osc if I remember right.

-Craig

Message 35/72             25-Aug-00  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

what did the Nord cost you?

Message 36/72             25-Aug-00  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

I paid $650 for it last year, and it was a 4-voice. If you're in the market for a Nord Lead I 12-voice, I'd say it'd be worth about $700us. The only one that sold on e-bay was in German DM, but converted to about $680us, and a Nord Rack just sold for $600.

Be careful about 4-voice NLs as the upgrade is like $400. But if you're going to have other VAs in your rig and the poly isn't really a problem, then you could save some cash. Be warned though, it has no multitimbral program slots, no drum slots, and only 40 (I think) editable user programs in unexpanded form.

Good luck,

-Craig

Message 37/72             25-Aug-00  @  03:58 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

woooo i been partyd out
anyhoo icq is a messeging service wich u can also send files on www.icq.com
and i also bought some decks yesterday so im havin fun with dem

Message 38/72             26-Aug-00  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

Edwanical

New Nord Lead 3 info (updated Aug 25) :

http://www.clavia.com/NL3preview.htm

No longer 20 voice, but only 18. TJ at Armadillo (US Clavia distributor) says Clavia is eventually going to try for 24 voices once they refine the software. He says the NL3 now uses a total of 6 DSPs, up 2 from the original 4. Another interesting point is that the NL3 can do FM with one oscillator pair (normal and sync osc.) and VA with the other oscillator pair, where both can be morphed into one sound.

Message 39/72             28-Aug-00  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

Just wanted to say that I used my NL this weekend in a new track I'm starting, and man, I'm glad it's back. I've got some phat basses out of it this weekend.

-Craig

Message 40/72             28-Aug-00  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

i dunno if its me or what but ive got one style of bass outta da nl2 lol maybe im mad

Message 41/72             29-Aug-00  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

Well, of course most analog bass sounds kind of similar, but try playing with the FM, osc sync, pulse width, etc. There's an amazing array of sounds from this machine.

Message 42/72             29-Aug-00  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

hey on the presets dont u think that number 06 is an amazing pad sound?

Message 43/72             30-Aug-00  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

To be perfectly honest, I haven't really touched the presets. I go directly into manual mode and tweak away from there. I've actually overwritten that patch already.

-Craig

Message 44/72             30-Aug-00  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

*tut tut tut* lol althought ive gone over it myself*ahem*but imma try n get it back cause its really really good
would u say i should get a virus indigo or nordlead3 or sell my nord2 for a nrod3?

Message 45/72             31-Aug-00  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

I'd say that you should keep your Nord II. I don't think the III offers enough new stuff or enhanced features to justify the upgrade. As far as Virus Indigo or Nord III, I think the Virus and Nord compliment each other pretty well, but think about whether or not you need that much analog. I kind of fell into my Nord/Virus setup when I bought the Virus to replace the Nord while the NL was out for repairs (for a year). Now that it's back, I'm going to keep it  

-Craig

Message 46/72             31-Aug-00  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

yeah yer right i mean in ways i got way to much gear im plannin on sellin some cause i wanna buy a laptop also i guess the things that will go will b my juno maybe my rm1x n maybe my md4 also

Message 47/72             31-Aug-00  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

Think about a virus rack. Only one rack space, same synth as the indigo and b, only half the voices, and less than half the cost of an indigo. That's the route i'm going because I have a lot of synths already. I would like to throw some of the virus into a mix, but don't need all that polyphony and parts. If was to be my main source for sounds, yeah, but that would just be boring. The indigo just looks so damn cool though, I'm still tempted. Funds will ultimately decide for me.

Message 48/72             31-Aug-00  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

yah the indigo does look mouth wateringly tasty doesnt it hehe
hey is it possable to move the drumsounds on the nord to diffrent keys? cause im trying to use my 909 to sequence the drum sounds but the black keys wont work and all the nice hi hats r way past the 16th key wich is the highest the 909 goes to

Message 49/72             01-Sep-00  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

How are you sequencing with the 909, is it midi retro fitted?

Message 50/72             01-Sep-00  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

lol the 909 has always had midi its got midi in,out and its got DIN synch to and a rather wicked mode"external instrument mode" wish means each of the 16 buttons r the first 16keys on any keybord =)

Message 51/72             03-Sep-00  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

Cool. I was thinking it was like the 808. I've never seen one, but I use it's sounds. Not the same in methodology, but it works. My friend has one and he says the feel and flam thing makes great grooves and fills. I have to sequence mine in with velocity, but i gotton pretty good at it. Now I want one!

Message 52/72             03-Sep-00  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

have u seen my website lately i have both the 909 and the 808 now =)
the 808 is so perfect for grooves

Message 53/72             04-Sep-00  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

I'll check it out.

Message 54/72             04-Sep-00  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

the 606 is a rather nice machine to helps alot with yer more ambient n techno side =)

Message 55/72             06-Sep-00  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

I have a cd with the samples from every tr-rythm machine made,from 505-909 complete with multi-samples with diferant decay and tune settings etc.I've grouped them into presets in my sampler by drum type. I like the 606's hats. I also love the 707 toms and kicks. They have a human beat-box like sabiliant in the attack. I find that the 909 provides most of my drums, but i'm doing some experimental breaks, and am going to use some live drum sounds run through recycle. How far are you musically. Have you released anything etc? You seem to have a lot of gear. My freinds see my set up and hear my tracks and ask why I have't found a label yet, but with just another few months of experimentation and I'll have that sound i've been striving for for years now. Most people can't tell what I'm talking about, but I hear to much room for improvement in my tracks to feel good about releasing it. I want to make hits, not tracks!

Message 56/72             07-Sep-00  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

yeah thats true im always finding to much room for improvment ive released one asong on white label n that went down well in a few clubs but im not plannin on releasing anymore i also got a new toy now its on my site lol and ill b getting some jucy on saturday ill add that when i get it and go to www.icq.com n download it n il lsend u soem tracks if u like

Message 57/72             07-Sep-00  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

cool

Message 58/72             07-Sep-00  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

sorry for my crappy spelling there i was drunk just email me when u get icw or if u decide to get it the new email address is on my site as id rather not post it ere

Message 59/72             10-Sep-00  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

check out my site i have 2 new toys!!

Message 60/72             10-Sep-00  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

where are you getting the money?

Message 61/72             11-Sep-00  @  08:29 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

im a rich kid so im just lucky

Message 62/72             11-Sep-00  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

And your modest too! I go to school and take out student loans to pay for my rig. I graduate in May, and then I have to get a job. Damn!!! I better sell some records or i'm going to have actually work to pay back this debt.

Message 63/72             12-Sep-00  @  07:18 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

lol@modest nahhhhhhhh lmao
any news on icq? i tell ya the JD-800 is one amazing tool i oculd sell everythin elwse n just keep that and my nord(but i wont)

Message 64/72             12-Sep-00  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

On the Jd-800, the sliders edit internal sounds, but do they tranmit sysex? I love the look of those. Paul shafer uses his as a main controller. I have the microwave xt, and i down loaded the wavetables for the sc-vsprophet, otherwise what became the wave station. I love the textures and strange sounds it can make. Waldorph filters are great. I would love to have a Jd-800 or 990 anyway.

Message 65/72             12-Sep-00  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

sunbzeroX

yup they transmit sysex i love havin 4 layerd tones thats mega kool i can make weird sound n a pad n they all mix great its a pity it doesnt have an arp tho but i just use my nord for that mio loosing intrest in my nova tho its just not fun to program

Message 66/72             13-Sep-00  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

99devils

I found the sound of the Nova to just not quite cut it for me. Didn't seem as "real" as a Virus or Nord.

-Craig

Message 67/72             16-Sep-00  @  06:18 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

the nova is pretty good but i might end up sellin it i just love the preset"novebella"

Message 68/72             17-Sep-00  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

phunkytek

I use my nova for all my trance stuff right now. It doesn't sit well in a mix with other synths. It tends to overpower other tracks and all the sounds bleed together. the delays are harsh and the reverbs all sound like metal. I have to eq each track i make with it and use a lot of compression. I don't have the money for anything else just yet. I'm waiting on Andromeda before I will consider any other gear. If it does what I want I'll sell a lot of my stuff to pay for it. $3900 msrp, so I'll probably be able to find one for around $3400, or wait 6 months and get one for $2500.00.

Message 69/72             17-Sep-00  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

yeah im just waiting on the Nord3 i hear the andromedia is menna b HUGE like even bigger than the JD-800 n the price does seem a bit steep but the oberhim ob-12 is a very nice synth i played on that for a nice long while last time i went to london

Message 70/72             19-Sep-00  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

ive just added new studio pictures to my site =)

Message 71/72             20-Sep-00  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

Fresh Pants

Nice to see pics.

I like the plants next to the synths. Makes them seem less, sterile.   Nice collection of stuff there.

Question, what are you monitoring with?

FP

Message 72/72             21-Sep-00  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Nord's Rule

subzeroX

dun woryr the lpants r closeley moniterd so none of my gear gets dirty and the plant over my mixer is a fake one =) and i moniter with yamaha YST-MS28's there good nive powerful subwoofer also in the picture of my whole studio u can c my 202 under the jp lol cause when i took the jp pix i diddnt have the 202 at the time

Viewing all 72 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

There are 72 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)