aaa Drum Station Power Supply - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Drum Station Power Supply

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             19-Nov-00  @  07:18 PM   -   Drum Station Power Supply

x2c4nrg

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello. I know this has been asked a million and one times but I never get any helpful answers. I bought my drum station used and the guy I bought it from did not send me the power supply. I've been using one from Radio Shack for about a year now but it doesn't work that great. Sometimes for no reason at all or if you barely tap the cord, it will turn off and back on which annoys the hell out of me. I've tried using the original power supply from my BassStation but it doesn't work at all. My big question is...where can I get a new power supply that will work 110% with my Drum Station? I tried calling Novation about 4 times and they blew me off everytime...."I'll have to have a tech call you back with the information you need"....Well...two months later...I'm still waiting!

Please help!

Pete

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             20-Nov-00  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Drum Station Power Supply

jaskim

Link?:  No link

I have had similar problems: I had one of the 'bad' powersupplies, so i called novation's toll free international # and they sent one to me no problem, but they sent the wrong version (uk version) and i have had difficulty getting a new one (it's been months)

try emailing nickb@novationuk.com he is a tech guy.

Message 3/8             21-Nov-00  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: Drum Station Power Supply

x2c4nrg

Cool. Thanks! I'll try that.

Any other suggestions?

Pete

Message 4/8             22-Nov-00  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: Drum Station Power Supply

k

well i hard-wired my alesis microverb AC cable direct from the power-block to the board inside the unit... the polarity reverse plug 'on-the-cable' type are good (where you can switch the cable polarity round with two pins & two holes located on the cable-length) cos you can disconnect for movement if you do gigs with it, but be sure to connect it RIGHT way round !!! -  

Message 5/8             30-Nov-00  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Drum Station Power Supply

ReZo 2k

Well, I called Novation one last time and this time, the lady who answered the phone didn't bullshit me at all. She asked for my name and address and she said she'll drop one in the mail for me. Besides all the drama they gave me the last 4 times I called, thier customer service turns out to be pretty good after all.

Pete

Message 6/8             30-Nov-00  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Drum Station Power Supply

alphazone

Link?:  Link

You should be able to just replace it with any general ps with the correct volt/amp ratings. Never just plug any adapter in to see if it works - you can damage the unit. I'll take a look at my Drumstation tonight and see the rating of the power supply and post another reply. Chances are it's just something along the lines of a 9V/500MaH AC or DC supply which you cam buy at local radio shack or whatever.

Pete, what you describe could be 2 things.
1. It could be the power supply. There could be an open or a short at the end of the wire of the power supply right before the tip so when you move it around it's intermitent.
2. It could be the barrel jack that the power supply plugs into. This happens all the time - and especially with the drumstation there's no power switch so people might just pull the power chordin and out to turn it on/off. A little skill with a soldering iron and you can fix this..

Brian C

Message 7/8             01-Dec-00  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Drum Station Power Supply

ReZo 2k

Yeah, if there is a problem with a bad connection then it has to be on the Drum Station cause the Radio Shack PS that I've been using, I also use it on my Microcon II and it works cherry. I hope that its just that the adaptor plug doesn't fit right and that the new one will. [Crossing my fingers].

Thanks for your input!

Pete

Message 8/8             01-Dec-00  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Drum Station Power Supply

alphazone

Link?:  Link

Yeah, those barrel connectors come in many sizes; many different inner diameters and outer diameters. While many of them may fit or work in your drumstation it was only really meant for one particular size...
Even worst case if the power connector in your drumstation has a cold solder joint its relatively easy to fix..

Brian C

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)