aaa Drumstation discontinued? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Drumstation discontinued?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             23-Nov-00  @  04:36 PM   -   Drumstation discontinued?

Bluey

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

Just phoned guitar, amp and keyboard center in Brighton as I'm looking to purchase a drumstation over the next few days....

They said that they've just got a new batch in, which will be their last ever! Does anybody know why this peice of kit has been discontinued?

I'll probably stick with the drumstation anyway, but does anybody have any other recommendations for 808 / 909 modelling machines? Anybody know how good the Jomox boxes are supposed to be?

Cheers,
Bluey.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             23-Nov-00  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: Drumstation discontinued?

k

there are others... jomox do two, a box & a rack, electribes'll do roland tr sounds ruffly but low poly & low outs, i like the DS, it is great if used with seperate outs, then it really hums.... reliable fast triggering, easy to work with, 8 outs... mine is switched on 24/7 for nearly a year now in a rack and never gives probs... occaisionaly i have to re-boot it if if a midi spike locks it up on pc bootup which happens mebbe once every two months... apart from that it works a treat, and best for me is it's GM ability, and having 808 AND 909 kits available at the same time on the same drum-map !!!

Message 3/8             23-Nov-00  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: Drumstation discontinued?

Bluey

Hi,

Ok, I think you may have sold it for me  

The Jomox machines look pretty good, but they're a more expensive and dont seem to be as feature-packed at the novation box.

Besides...it'd look cool in the rack  

Thanks for your help,
Bluey.

Message 4/8             24-Nov-00  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: Drumstation discontinued?

k

it also has a feature allowing you to have say a snare drum mapped across the keyboard so you can play rolls going up and down in pitch etc, but all the controls are midi-able...

i must emphasise again how different it sounds once you get it on seperate outs which you rarely get to hear in a store demo.... i ran it for along time on the stereo outs until i had time to wire it a patchbay assingment, when i tried it on dedicated channels it really came alive !!!...

sure the jomox machines'll do more wierdness, but i'm a Luddite and i like simple but effective functionality, and in that respect it works and reproduces all the original range ability of the TR series, and the sound is close enuff to be indistinguishable in a mix... it's perfect if combined with a sampler for more odd-sounds & extra sounds.

Message 5/8             25-Nov-00  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Drumstation discontinued?

ggehiere

Link?: Link

Hey, the DrumStation is not
discontinued - though there is a V1
and V2, V1 is discontinued.

I'm getting one next month, and I am
totally doubtful that Novation would
cancel production of such an
acclaimed device.

Message 6/8             27-Nov-00  @  01:12 PM   -   RE: Drumstation discontinued?

Bluey

Hi,

Mine's just arrived this morning here at work....it's sitting underneath my desk at the moment waiting to be taken home and racked up!  )

Making use of the extra outs may be difficult...I've only got a Mackie 1402 desk, and all of the inputs are occupied by the S/nova and the Sampler.

I have got a breakout box for my isis soundcard with 8 inputs that I suppose I could use, but I'm worried I won't be able to get a clear representation of what's actually coming out of the boxes in the rack, when all I can actually hear is what's coming out the soundcard. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, I'll play around tonight...see what happens!  

Cheers,
Bluey

Message 7/8             27-Nov-00  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: Drumstation discontinued?

GT

Bluey??? of Incognito???

Message 8/8             28-Nov-00  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: Drumstation discontinued?

Bluey

GT,

Nope, not me  

'Bluey' is the name I used when I used to dj at the rave club 'Diehard' in Leicester a few years back.

All those days are behind me now, but I still do use it occasionally...I think I'll be using it on BT Getoutthere, providing it doesn't tread on any toes  

Cheers,
Bluey

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)