aaa Olskool where are you? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Olskool where are you?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             30-Oct-00  @  03:56 AM   -   Olskool where are you?

hank

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

on a 1- 10 basis for totally ear drum wrecking abilities how does the SIDSTATION rank i'm havin cold feet about paying $500 US for a SID chip in a surplus box and it seems like I can trust your opinion.i don't have napster so I havent heard any of your songs but the name seems very familiar for some reason. do you have vinyl out?Got any reserves?

can the SID go from Subsonic to hyperstellar interwarp overdrive eardrum smashing craziness?How bout if you hook up a fuzz box and some delay?

drop a mail and i'll give you the keys to the track they were spoutin bout.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             30-Oct-00  @  08:29 AM   -   RE: Olskool where are you?

H

disregard don't tell me what i'm missin some shit popped up and i gotta cancel the order so DONT tell me,cause i think i answered the question in the question.I'd rather pretend it's a crappy piece of surplus shit than know the truth.I'm good I have a 777 and the sky vocoder so fuck it.I gotta spend my money on rent.And do some updating in my DV system so it edits in realtime w/o rendering so i can be competitive w/ New yorkers.

i wouldn't mind a lil music swap though.

bye

Message 3/8             31-Oct-00  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: Olskool where are you?

oldskool

Drop me a line dude, what sorta films you do? How do u rate the 777? Can it do other sounds rather than just TB? Toying with the idea of getting one or getting me TB DF'ed and alucased, can't decide. You got a modular hank?

Hee hee, I notice you seem popular in music and tech!

Message 4/8             31-Oct-00  @  04:37 AM   -   RE: Olskool where are you?

H

777 can do oh so much more plus the best hardware all in one box TB.DF cool.i'm thinking of a couple of videos and a few offbeat films.my mom says she doesn't want to see any of them!i'm just getting into it since about 6 mos. ago or so.But all I know is that once i master the editing software I don't have to learn anymore about it all the way up to Hi DEf.I use Dvcam which is a Broadcast Version of the DV format and you plug the camcorder into the G4 and open the software and it transfers the images w/ no loss.I wish I would have gotten my camcorder in Pal cause it would have shot an extra 100 lines of resolution.my editor works w/ Pal and NTSC.My camera will PLAY pal tapes though.I'm goin w/ the ED wood philosophy by trying to write scripts around the props and actors available to me.I'll email you.The 777 has 32 knobs and 7 switches 2 resonance knobs and 3 overdrive knobs plus in addition to the 18db filter you can select a 48db filter when combined w/ overdive and super rez it's acid city.But you can use it to make all sorts of sounds sans LFO with.It's The coolest synthesizer i've ever used period.

My eardrumz are a bleedin.It wins the triple platinum award for best synthesizer in my book.No midi control over the voice no programs just patterns and knobs weeee.There is a CV input for the filter.It's over at my folks house so I won't go into great details but let me put it this way when i took it to the MARS music store to find a gig bag everybody in the recording and the dj department came over and I had a small crowd askin what's that?where did you get it?I said a guy and his dad makes em in kansas they probly thought i was bullshittin em.I know one thing the MC-303 Rok Sak fits it like a glove.it has a cheap power supply but I don't care cause it's the best.It'll really be a dancehall killer live.

mail coming

Message 5/8             01-Nov-00  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Olskool where are you?

oldskool

Cool, what other gear you use? I thinking of getting a fr777 and a xbase09 and kicking it live.
out

Message 6/8             02-Nov-00  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: Olskool where are you?

H

Mpc,MS-404,sky vocoder,Analogue Solutions mini pwr. system,Boss PC-2(drum synth),and the dreadful EA-1(i have mixed feelings about it sometimes it sits in a mix but pretty much the 777 is my most maniacal synth.The filter on the modular is slack but it does do some funky sci fi fx and nice SUB basses.I was recording live into my mac but the latency was drivin me nuts.I'll probably end up sampling the Ea-1 sounds I've programmed that I do like into my S5000 and use them from there.I just ordered a 360 systems Shortcut/2000 Stereo recorder/editor it'll be here @ 10am.

I like the strange weird gear cause if I've got my own thing it's my own thing ya know.

Xbase and 777 would definitely let you be oldskool.seen.

Message 7/8             02-Nov-00  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Olskool where are you?

oldskool

H man, how do you rate the AS modular? I thought it was pretty much just for drums no? I'm thinking of getting either a MOTM (bit expensive) a Orgon Systems (cheaper british powerful) a PAIA (basic but cheap) or a Doeppfer (german mid price) any thoughts\opinions?

l8er rezon8er

Message 8/8             04-Nov-00  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Olskool where are you?

H

The mini power system is a drum and fx synth pretty much.But it does make weird sounds w/ just the two modules.I know one thing the knobs have a great feel which my ms404 doesn't.I was going to get the nord micro but considering that i don't care for va synths and that i could get the mini power sys for the same price w/ cv midi interface I said why not.I bought it mainly for a building block w/ which to get into modular synthesis with.The switches are a lil cheesy but nothing wiggles around like the 404.i love the trashy sound of the 404 but don't care for it's noise or wiggleyness.Although in a mix it sits nice and you can do some cool tricks w/ the midi filter.I need more modules myself but probably won't have enough flow to do it.

I'd give the Analogue solutions an 8

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)