aaa need help - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: need help

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             23-Oct-00  @  05:04 AM   -   need help

jere00001

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

All right I have a nord mod kb and a waldorf Q kb. I have two friends that are releasing a record. Lately they have been calling me to come over and having me lay down my bass patches that I have WORKED on. I am pretty sure there not goig to give me any recognition maybe a thank you.What should I do? I payed a lot of money for both of these synths.I have worked long hours to come to understand these synths and plan on releasing the sounds myself. Thanks for any advice -JERE DOLL

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             23-Oct-00  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: need help

metaphy99

Link?:  No link

Ok Dude, Stop the press!.Don't givem anymore sounds till you make an agreement that at the very least they'll give you credit on the record so you can share in the notoriety if it blows up . The fact that your concerned that they won't watch your back means the're more associates than they are real friends . Learn from experience... make an agreement before you hand over your goods to folks not midstream and do it in writing even on a napkin at a diner. Goodluck Evar

Message 3/8             24-Oct-00  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: need help

Jasper

heh, some dj guy I used to know wanted to write some tunes once. He told this record producer bloke that he had a studio and produced tracks.

So he tried to get me to let him use my studio to write some tunes, of course he hadn't got any experience so I'd have to produce/mix, and probably write it.

Anyway, I found out from his mate that he intended to take my work and tell this record guy that it was his own stuff.

Cheeky bastard must have thought I was born yesterday.

Message 4/8             25-Oct-00  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: need help

H

I won't touch an mpc for somebody else i'll point at it and speak but you aint fuckin me either.Stop giving away your sounds.

-;) what thread is this?

Message 5/8             25-Oct-00  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: need help

Pongoid

If you're making sounds on the record, you get your name on it. If not, you GET A BAT AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE ASSHOLES TRYING TO SUCKER YOU, JUST AS A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE. These cats want you to help write part of the racks, therefore you get part of the credit, and should get some money out of it as well if there is any. It's only simple respect. If they can't do that, tell them not to use your stuff, and just use their own. Fuck'em. But talk with 'em first and explain the situation. How old are you?

Ape

Message 6/8             25-Oct-00  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: need help

jere doll

thanks much guys. Ape- I am twenty three live in Minneapolis,mn,usa.and have messing with midi stuff for about six years. -Jere doll

Message 7/8             31-Oct-00  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: need help

influx

dont beat em up. thats just pongoid 

but really..fuck that man! GET IT IN WRITING. dont trust anyone til youve layed your naked wife or girlfriend down in front of them, left the room for an hour, and come back and have them ask you so hows the weather 

If you play on it and it gets released it is part yours. well..even if it doesnt but if nothing happens then it doesnt matter.

dont sound like friends to me

Message 8/8             02-Nov-00  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: need help

influx

that would be LAID your naked wife...errr...uh...yeah

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)