aaa yippee! pro one back in the mix - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: yippee! pro one back in the mix

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             31-Aug-00  @  08:09 AM   -   yippee! pro one back in the mix

pulaski

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

sorry for this selfish post, but seeing as this little corner of DT sees so little activity i figured it'd be ok. so yeah, after months of inactivity, my sequential pro one is finally in my midi chain. after hours and hours of frustration and even the generous tech support of xoxos :-) it still would not respond to the gate output of my kenton pro solo. so after taking an almost six month respite from doing any music at all i returned to the problem with new gumption to fix it, no matter what the cost. but before bringing to an expensive repair person i figured i'd try one little thing. i had been using radio shack's cheapest 1/4" to 1/8" adapters and seeing as the gold plated ones were only marginally more expensive i figured i'd try em out. BINGO! seems that either something was whacked with the adapters i was using or some spirit inside the box responded to my prayers (or has a preference for gold---ah, so that's why those pharoahs were buried with all that gold booty!). and the latter really might be a possibility, as spirits are definitely analog, not digital. so hooray for me! nows time to get that thing booming out the bass! whooomp! whooom! whooomp! whooom!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             01-Sep-00  @  02:32 PM   -   RE: yippee! pro one back in the mix

r-tek

congrats, I want a pro1 baaaaaaaad. You know, you really should give me yours in the interests of international friendship and co-operation :^)

Message 3/8             01-Sep-00  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: yippee! pro one back in the mix

pulaski

you're into d&b rite? funny, cuz the pro-one seems to *want* to make those bassy growls/growly basses that (while i don't listen to too much d&b) resemble that track "the raven" by ed rush (love that fuckin track btw). i mean, more than once i've been messin around and just come across those kinda sounds. i can see why you'd want one. it would do ya rite. who knows though, mebbe i'll eventually move onto something else (esp. if i can't get the warm housey bass tones i'm lookin for) in which case i'd be happy to bridge our continents. for a small fee of course ;-) but no shipping required...i'll just surf it over on a big deep sine wave. cheers.

Message 4/8             02-Sep-00  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: yippee! pro one back in the mix

r-tek

yeah, the pro1 gets caned by all and sundry in dnb, I`m not really interested in the growling stuff meself anymore - time to move on methinks, jungles future is in deeper, more soulful sounds. Anyway, you mean I`d havta pay for it? You cheaparse :P But seriously, on the subject of those throbbing house tones - mebbe look into picking up a 4op dx or tx from Yam when funds allow. A lot of that stuff, especially the classic tones come from the FM Yams, Kilo should even be putting up the dx100 presets when the new server comes which is what they`re all based on apparently. Think about it anyway, one of them and the pro1 could be all you need.........and your smapler, course.

Message 5/8             04-Sep-00  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: yippee! pro one back in the mix

pulaski

cool man. i'll look into bringin a dx or tx into the mix. i just need to hear the supposed warm tones that these 4ops can make. i've always associated those synths with that kind of clanging 80s bell sound. i'm sure that's just me ignorance. mebbe i can find some snippets of dx basses somewhere. actually, i'll bet there are dxs all over the records in my crate and i just don't know it. times to do some research i guess. seems like could be a very welcome and inexpensive kit addition (though, i've heard, a bit frustrating to program).

Message 6/8             17-Sep-00  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: yippee! pro one back in the mix

trypt

I read that the bass in Orbitals "Halcyon and
on and on" was a Dx-7.

Message 7/8             18-Sep-00  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: yippee! pro one back in the mix

xanext

Try a 777 without the on board seq for
some pretty sick bass!!!!!

Message 8/8             23-Sep-00  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: yippee! pro one back in the mix

A Bloke

The classic bass on Nightwriters 'Let The Music Use You' was a Pro One.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)