aaa isnt the Virus rack out anyday ? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             26-Sep-00  @  04:40 PM   -   isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

should be soon innit?.. anyone seen one?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             27-Sep-00  @  02:53 AM   -   RE: isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

Syn

I saw one on the access site and man it looks cool, musicians-gear has them for sale already, reaaaaal cheap too, but it dont think it could compare hands on wise to a Q or something with losa nobs

Message 3/8             27-Sep-00  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

boomer

Let's not compare the Virus rack to the Q, but the MicroQ. That'd be fair.

Message 4/8             27-Sep-00  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

99devils

It'd be nice to have one as an "expander" to my Virus. Create patches on the desktop and load them into the rack for more poly...

-Craig

Message 5/8             29-Sep-00  @  02:54 AM   -   RE: isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

Syn

I wasnt comparing directly with the Q, just making the point that its not as hands on and (knobbly?) as a real fullsize synth module such as the Q/Xt/Jp8080/ etc, but still much if not all of the power is still there right?

Message 6/8             29-Sep-00  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

boomer

Well, the thing is it's not right. All the power is not there for the Tack. No 3rd oscillator, for example. Like the Micro Q, the Rack has a lot less knob than the tabletop version (Q rack and Virus b). Micro Q doesn't have all the power from the Q rack either. No audio rate LFO, for example. I didn't mean to attack you. Just thought it would be fairer to compare a $800 synth with a $800 synth.

Message 7/8             30-Sep-00  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

boomer

Saw this info on Dancetech: Here goes...

-you can use original Q/Q rack sounds by dumping in the microQ -the microQ uses
a variable performance architecture; that means that you can switch off different
sound parameter (like oscillators, filters, FM, Fast Mod, FX etc.) to raise up the
polyphony (maximum is 25) -you have an edit menu for envelopes where you can
see all ADSR parameter at the same time -some little modifications like MIDI LED
etc.

Otherwise the microQ offers the same sound possibilities of the Q/Q rack. I forgot:
the microQ has a new kob7button design...

Message 8/8             30-Sep-00  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: isnt the Virus rack out anyday ?

Syn

but what else is cut down from the virus rack besides the third osc?
also they are 645.20 USD from musicains-gear.com and thats what I call cheap, maybe Ill be able to talk my gf into it. Im still too poor to afford 975 for an Xt, but this new virus may just be the ticket :-)
anything hardware is better than the 404 in fruity and simsyth27 although they are both fun to use.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)