aaa uk drum & bass track made with supernova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: uk drum & bass track made with supernova

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             27-Jan-00  @  07:49 AM   -   uk drum & bass track made with supernova

SOUCREW

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everyone,

Yep this is kinda cheeky, promoting my music here in the technical forum but im a new pround ownder of the supernova and ive just finished my first track with one.

The track in question is called "Transfusion" and was made the "featured tech-step track" yesterday at mp3.com.

I wouldnt mind getting some views from other users on the track, some of you might not like the style but you certainly should be able to pick out some of the sounds eh!

my site url is -

www.mp3.com/sou

thanks for reading ;-)

Sense
from the S.O.U.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             27-Jan-00  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: uk drum & bass track made with supernova

SOUCREW

Link?: Link

When i said FIRST TRACK i dont mean its my first ever track! Ive been producing for 5 years now. This is just the first outing with the supernova in my studio!

Message 3/8             27-Jan-00  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: uk drum & bass track made with supernova

sitar

Link?:  Link

Nice. Exceellent. I just had a couple of glasses of wine and enjoyed your track. Didn't think of the Supernova in that text before. Thanks for opening my horizons about it. I'm staring at the lovely blue beast right now. It is a great and enticing producer of sound. Really enjoyed your piece. Nice Mood. Even without the wine.

Message 4/8             28-Jan-00  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: uk drum & bass track made with supernova

SOUCREW

sitar,

Thanx for your comments! Yep im really looking forward to push this beast to its limits... it is great for the style of music we make, New track maybe next month? bookmark my page and check back for more!

Sense

Message 5/8             04-Feb-00  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: uk drum & bass track made with supernova

f_a_b

Sense-

just wanted to ask a couple of questions reguarding that track...

cool track by the way...way more depth than a lot of other tech step...like the dark vibe...

anyway, wondering if you used the supernova to make those cool atmospheric sound effects, or maybe samples? or another synth?

any tips on creating effects like this with the supernova/nova?

thanks

FAB

Message 6/8             05-Feb-00  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: uk drum & bass track made with supernova

k

nice... the roland module's doing the drums yes?.. (but thats a nova closed hat sound right!?) - nice track man, better than alot of 'named' stuff.. shame about mp3.com streaming tho.. total crap nowadays....

Message 7/8             08-Feb-00  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: uk drum & bass track made with supernova

SOUCREW

fab,

Hi there, The atmospheric effects are mostly samples maniuplated and effected with the emu aps soundcard. The bell sound at the beginning of the track is from the novation supernova though.

Thanks for the comments on transfusion!

k,

Actually our roland dance module is sitting lying dormant in the studio these days! The breaks are all made with recycle then made into soundfont files and eq'd with my soundcard the emu aps.

Yep, your right about the hi-hats! novation style!

Sense

www.mp3.com/sou

Message 8/8             24-Sep-00  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: uk drum & bass track made with supernova

jonsheppard

Sense, just listened to that track and thought it is the bomb. I own the Nova, and am trying to get a sound very similar to yours and many others lead bass sound that kicks into your track at around the 2min50sec mark. Was it made using your SN or from samples/soundfonts etc. I would very much appreciate tips or settings that would allow me to get on the way to creating phatt bass/lead distorted sounds from my machine similar to that and many other D&B sounds. Please point me in the right direction as being new to synth programming I don't really know where to start.

Thanks, Tom

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)