aaa What about No 1 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: What about No 1

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             12-Sep-00  @  04:06 AM   -   What about No 1

matcellis

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok so everyone is now talkin supernova/nova II, what about the first versions. I hope novation haven't abandoned the supernova as i also have another instrument unfinished. I wouldn't mind if just one of them was still in the pipeline but i have two instruments unfinished and its quite disheartening. Phil (DOOD) do u reckon our udpate will be soon or will it be dropped.

Thanks Mat

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             12-Sep-00  @  05:09 AM   -   RE: What about No 1

Phill

Here we go again...I must get flame proof clothes!!!

SNV1 & NOVA OS will be updated after the development of SNVII OS.

There is a good reason for this...

When the SNVII OS is complete, we will will look at what new features can be ported over to the older systems.

I am sorry you feel your unit is incomplete. It actually fulfills all pubished spec. The Special buttons are there so we have an avenue for improvent in future OS systems and were never quoted ever to date as being Operational. This does not mean we will never implement them. We plan to do this as explained after the development of SNVII OS.

Cheers,

Phill

Message 3/8             13-Sep-00  @  03:00 AM   -   RE: What about No 1

matcellis

Thanks phill

Message 4/8             13-Sep-00  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: What about No 1

jon.s

phil, i think also there was alot of interest in that 'extra' button by the media when you released the units.

they did jump to conclusions and express wonder as to what function it may occupy.

as you rightly state, the machine surely fills all objectives and all upgrades via the o.s. have not needed to utilise the 'extra' button.

i won't be complaining once the o.s. of the SNII is completely stable.

don't get disheartened.

cheers

jon

Message 5/8             13-Sep-00  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: What about No 1

phunkytek

So phill, when the bugs are out of the SNII's, you'll start codeing the os update for the Nova and SN? The upgrade would be quite nice. The only shortcoming in the nova I've found is the lack of relative and hook features for live knob tweeking. It jumps to the current position. Filterwise it is a great synth, but I would love some differant filter options. No hurry, I'm still cranking creative sounds out of mine. No lack of quality. The sound of the Nova is a bit metalic evan with the eq set to minimize this. I read the II's are warmer. I would like to see an improvement in timbre, but this could be because of hardware or it could be have somthing to do with how the math is handle, truncation, interpolation etc... Phil if you and your people can fix the knobs jumps, and get the filters everyone should be happy, and if the quality of sound maybe improved , possibly by adding another band of eq on the dist/eq config and making the band width adjustable and adding high end shelving and hpf. Haveing this option added to the eq would be like having dual filters on each part. It would allow us remove unwanted frequencies etc. People would love it, so pass this on the programers and see if it would be possible given the current system resouces of the Nova. You could definatly do it if when activated it restriced the use of other fx. Like when you use the quality eq it prevents dist or vocoder or something like that.

Message 6/8             14-Sep-00  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: What about No 1

Phill

The object of the new OS for SNVII is NOT a massive bug fix! but more about improvements!!

Knob modes are planned for the next SNV1 & NOVA OS.

Message 7/8             14-Sep-00  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: What about No 1

matcellis

Phill u r a cool dude!! u respond to these messages dead quick. Well appreciated

Message 8/8             14-Sep-00  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: What about No 1

phunkytek

Sorry, i don't own a SNII, I just see the threads of users saying it has bugs. So how about the feasability of adding some more depth to the eq of each part? A mid band with width would be so efective and a hpf and high shelving. it would make the unit untouchable. By adding it to the eq this would basicaly make it a dual filter synth.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)