aaa Why is the nova........ ? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Why is the nova........ ?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             15-Jul-00  @  05:29 PM   -   Why is the nova........ ?

irratated

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I`m am confused, with the local switch off on the s/nova and the midi interface switched off, the s/nova is still in control of functions such as c.o.f... when in textbook theory if local is swicthed to off, then all the knobs and buttons should have no effect on internal parameters unless the interface is on and the o/p of the s/n is routed through the sequencer and back out to the nova, the way it should work.
2) When correctly routed as above, the part mute parameter is inaccessible, meaning it will not do the loop through the sequencer
....Please help, me eyes are burning, the sun is coming up, and I `m majorly pissed off with novation......

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             15-Jul-00  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Why is the nova........ ?

Bollox

I reckon you've still got MIDI feedback happening.

See if it still happens when you disconnect the cable from the Supernova's MIDI OUT port.

Message 3/8             15-Jul-00  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Why is the nova........ ?

Oxo

The Part mutes generate MIDI info, so it's not surprising if it doesn't work when Local control is OFF.

Displays always update to show the value of MIDI data being transmitted - even when Local control is OFF and nothing is passed directly to the synth engine. Maybe this is what's confusing you ?

Message 4/8             15-Jul-00  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Why is the nova........ ?

Stefan

Link?: Link

The part mute button doesn't work indeed with local control off. The knobs of my Supernova work correct like they should, means only the display responds when local is off.
What is c.o.f. ?

Message 5/8             15-Jul-00  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Why is the nova........ ?

Bollox

at a guess I'd say cutoff frequency ???

Message 6/8             16-Jul-00  @  02:36 AM   -   RE: Why is the nova........ ?

less irratated

Thanks, guess still learning, I`ve been trying for two days to record arp patterns from the nova with no success... any clues

Message 7/8             16-Jul-00  @  05:06 AM   -   RE: Why is the nova........ ?

Stefan

Link?: Link

Hi nevertheless irritated,

it is not possible to play the Supernova Arp with the Keyboard and to record the arppegiated notes into the sequencer at a time because this must cause a midi loop.

The easiest way is to play and record the TRIGGER notes first on a sequencer track (S/N arp set to "program only" in the arp menue).
Then you can play back that track and record the arpeggiator output on a different track (S/N arp set to "Program and Midi).

Hope that helps

Message 8/8             16-Jul-00  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Why is the nova........ ?

Back to noramal

Thanks--, Get it right tonight.......

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)