aaa moding tr-909's ride - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: moding tr-909's ride

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             06-Jun-00  @  07:18 AM   -   moding tr-909's ride

technician

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello. I have two tr-909's and both sound totally different as all 909's do. But I'm looking to get a extrememly loud ride cymbal out of one of them. Does anyone know how I can modify one of them to have a louder output? If I cant do this, I'm just going to keep selling one off, then re-buying another one until I find one with a crazy ride cymbal. Any info will help, or anyone looking for a really good condition 909 for trade with one with a really loud ride may be considered? Who knows?
Anyway, hope someone can help!

ian

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             06-Jun-00  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: moding tr-909's ride

trevor

Link?: Link

Hello Ian,

Do you simply want to increase the output level of the ride cymbal circuit? To do this, replace R446 for a resistor of a lower value. This is the input resistor for the final opamp in the ride circuit. Or, add a resistor in series with VR26 to increase the opamp feedback resistance. Either way will work.

This will work but without having tried this mod, I cannot say offhand if you'll get significant distortion / change in the opamp's freq. response etc. Give it a try.

If you cannot be arsed to remove the entire pcb, you could simply solder a resistor in parallel with R446 on the solder side of the board to get a lower resistance.

Cheers, Trev (who is still building his tr909 clone)

Message 3/8             06-Jun-00  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: moding tr-909's ride

trevor

Hello Ian,

Do you simply want to increase the output level of the ride cymbal circuit? To do this, replace R446 for a resistor of a lower value. This is the input resistor for the final opamp in the ride circuit. Or, add a resistor in series with VR26 to increase the opamp feedback resistance. Either way will work.

This will work but without having tried this mod, I cannot say offhand if you'll get significant distortion / change in the opamp's freq. response etc. Give it a try.

If you cannot be arsed to remove the entire pcb, you could simply solder a resistor in parallel with R446 on the solder side of the board to get a lower resistance.

Message 4/8             06-Jun-00  @  05:10 PM   -   RE: moding tr-909's ride

trevor

Hello Ian,

Message 5/8             06-Jun-00  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: moding tr-909's ride

trevor

Hello Ian,

Message 6/8             06-Jun-00  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: moding tr-909's ride

trevor

Hello Ian,

Message 7/8             09-Jun-00  @  03:58 AM   -   RE: moding tr-909's ride

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Whoww...trev , take it easy man.

Message 8/8             09-Jun-00  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: moding tr-909's ride

trev

Link?:  No link

heheheheh!

Jeeez!!! Sorry about that... I just wanted to make a point ;-) I think something went slightly fecked up there ;-)

Trev (feels rather stupid)

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)