aaa Good Nova Info - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Good Nova Info

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             06-Nov-00  @  12:49 PM   -   Good Nova Info

david.rydell

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey Synthfreaks.
I've just bought a Nova and haven't really got any knowledge of analogsynth programming. So is there any good webpages or other info that can make me learn about analogsynths and especially the Novation Nova. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             06-Nov-00  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Good Nova Info

Finity

Well to be honest, I`d suggest a lot of tweaking of those knobs and see what kind of results you get. Maybe start with just a couple of them and see what happens. Then once you have learnt what kind of effect that will give the patch, try using the same tweaks on another sound.
After a while tweak more knobs and just see what happens. This is how i have done it and i have no real knowledge of analogue synths but have got some awesome results.
I find, as in most things...the best thing is to dive in and get your hands dirty (so to speak). Hands on tweaking will teach you much more than reading from a manual .

Finity

Message 3/9             06-Nov-00  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Good Nova Info

scrotalsack

yeah, and you now have to choose who's side you're going to be on... those who bitch about the OS or those who bitch about those who bitch about the OS. no matter which one you choose, the other is going to hate you reguardless of what you think or say, or what points you bring up, you will be branded a vareity of "ass" "prick" "shithead" "idiot" "moron" "buffoon" "fucker" and all sorts of other combinations.

Message 4/9             06-Nov-00  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Good Nova Info

phunkytek

read the intro in the manual. It breaks down the basice. You have 3 oscilators. These are the sound source, you can select from square or saw and audio input. You adjust the mix level of these. Use the detune to fatten up sounds. Then the audio goes to the filter. STAY AWAY FROM THAT SPECIAL BUTTON! it hasn't been implimented yet and there is where the fight here begins. It was due a while ago, but we wait patiently. you can choose,low, band and high. Read to get an explanation in the manual. You can edit sounds in either performance or prog, just remember to save the individual programs if you were editing in performance. Use the mod matrix to apply lfo's and other sources to alter the shape of the wave and produce new timbres. The FX are pretty self-explanitory. Do read the intro, it should help a lot. Good luck

Message 5/9             06-Nov-00  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: Good Nova Info

Blunted

Phil has a synth programming section on his personal homepage...try looking around the novation site for a link to it

Message 6/9             07-Nov-00  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Good Nova Info

k

scrotal... shutup man... dont take the fucking piss now.. youve got your free fucking speech ok.. no-ones banning your 'rant about the OS' threads, BUT... keep it in the dedicated threads please... dont piss me off today please

yes phil's tutorial is good... read it the guys been programming sounds for years... he did the wavestation sounds y'know !!.. and he releases trance toons as an artist...

Message 7/9             07-Nov-00  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: Good Nova Info

lightyear

start by messing about with a preset you
like and see if you can make sound a
turn into sound

Message 8/9             07-Nov-00  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: Good Nova Info

david.rydell

Thanks for the info guys!
I've been reading the manual and done some tweeking now and I'll guess i've got to keep doing that till i learn all the functions.

But it would be nice with some general analogsynthesis tutorial.

I've read through this forum and seen alot of frustrated angry users, but I think bitchin about it here will hardly get it out sooner.

And honesly what is that new or important in OS4 that you can't use the nova as it is.

Cheers, David.

Message 9/9             07-Nov-00  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Good Nova Info

phunkytek

there is nothing wrong with the unit. We were promised an upgrade with new filter types, but it got delayed. There is a guy, Phil, from novation, who visits us regularly. Go to his web page to read more tips. The link is from novation's web page.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)