aaa In need of you midi gurus help - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: In need of you midi gurus help

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             23-Oct-00  @  10:07 PM   -   In need of you midi gurus help

lightyear

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Thanks for reading 1st off. I'm new to software sequencing and am close to having all my gear working right, but I've got a problem. My computer is not getting controller data from my Nova which makes me think I got it all setup wrong. So here is my gear, and hopefully you can tell me how to set it up right.

Gear: Esi2000, Nova, Korg X3< for both sound and a controller keyboard. Interface: Midiman 3inX8out thrubox, joystick port midi cable.
Your help is appreciated and I'll send you some cool sounds for your s/nova.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             23-Oct-00  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: In need of you midi gurus help

Stefan

Link?: Link

Hello lightyear,

without a multiport midi interface it is not possible to record notes from your keyboard and controller data from the nova simultaneously into your sequencer. Afaik it is not possible to merge to inputs on one output with your through box.
Therefore I fear you must record your notes first, then disconnect the Korg from the PC-Midi-In, connect the Novas Out with the PC-Midi-In and record the controllers.

Regards

Message 3/9             23-Oct-00  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: In need of you midi gurus help

scrotalsack

what software are you using?
it could something in the software or a setting on the nova

Message 4/9             23-Oct-00  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: In need of you midi gurus help

scrotalsack

he is using a multiport midi interface...
Midiman 3inX8out thrubox 3 in 8 out

Message 5/9             24-Oct-00  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: In need of you midi gurus help

phantom

Is your Novas midi out connected to your interface? It should be if you want to record controller data.

How do you have the interface connected to your computers gameport/midi?
Are both in and out connected?

If you have all of these connected properly, it would be a software issue.

Give us an exact description of whats hooked up to what so we can try to fix it for you.

Message 6/9             24-Oct-00  @  08:42 AM   -   RE: In need of you midi gurus help

Stefan

Link?: Link

As far as I know the Midiman 3in8out is a patchbay box only, means no independent ports to be adressed by the PC. With the soundcard midi cable he has only one Midi In/Out into the sequencer.

Regards

Message 7/9             25-Oct-00  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: In need of you midi gurus help

lightyear88

Thanks for your quick responses folks, much appreciated. I'll try and do a question and answer here to get you more details.

>Stefan - I'm afraid you may be right. I picked the thru box up 2nd hand for almost nothing. What is the recommended use for this type of unit?

>Scrotalsack "what software are you using?". MAGIX Music Studio 5. A real bang for the buck piece of software.

...I had an idea while writing.

Each of the out's has a switch to select whether the input signal is coming from 1, 2, or 3. I can just switch the out port>Pc to the same in port that the Nova's out is running to, instead of the korg. I tested it out and for the most part it works (certain button perameters don't seem to register). I can make do with that I guess.

Guys, I SERIOUSLY appreciate your willingness to help out a newbie. The reward of some free patches stands as well,(you'll dig em) so you should email me and I'll reply you back with the patches. Thanks.

Message 8/9             25-Oct-00  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: In need of you midi gurus help

music

What sound card are you using lightyear?

Message 9/9             25-Oct-00  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: In need of you midi gurus help

lightyear

(you just knew this was the next problem ...How do I get the progs out of my Nova? I just d/l'd some sysex utils, but I don't have a clue as to making dialogues for it? Can't a midi seq. recieve sysex dumps?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)