aaa Boring ... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Boring ...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             31-Oct-00  @  10:09 PM   -   Boring ...

trippler

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

if Novation has the time and possibilities to make an update for the Nova 1 series AND if they see an economic sense doing this we'll get one.
If they do not, we won't get an update.

It's that simple.

Or does someone feel that this boring discussion will have any influence on Novations decisions ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             31-Oct-00  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: Boring ...

stevoe

That's a pile of toss.. Novation should fulfill their obligation and upgrade the Supernova software.. It is a very boring discussion, you are right but the ball is in Novations' court..

Message 3/9             01-Nov-00  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: Boring ...

scrotalsack

couldnt agree more... the ball has been in their court for some time now, its just this frustration is hitting a lot of users now and its turning into a backlash of negative users. And novation doesnt do anything to keep that at bay. Have you noticed we havent even gotten a "soon" lately... either Phill has learned the hard way not to get these people worked up (which is what I think is going on) or the pessimistic side of me which thinks its just not going to happen.

Message 4/9             01-Nov-00  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: Boring ...

sue

Go on ...... keep up the OS bitching guys - cos Novation will soon see that there is no reason to release the new SN/Nova OS they've developed, if all they get is a torrent of abuse from us.

Sue

Message 5/9             01-Nov-00  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: Boring ...

stevoe

Torrent of abuse??? Its called freedom of speech Sue, its about having an opinion. People have died in wars over it.. get real!

Message 6/9             01-Nov-00  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Boring ...

Don Diggins

can anyone say that the majority of nova users are expecting another os upgrade and that if they don't they will be extremely upset.

the people on this forum are surely a fraction of the nova user base and the very fact of being online here means frustration, real or unreal can be vented quickly and often. too often though.

come back in six months, novation have a release of the sn2 on their hands, surely you can forgive them for being a bit preoccupied.

i think most nova users are too busy making music than to come online every waking minute of the day and moan about the 'new kids on the block' and 'what about us mentatlity'.

Message 7/9             01-Nov-00  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Boring ...

k

yeah right - people have died in wars cos a free OS didnt get relased on time !!!... fucking hell.... what planet do you live on !!!

Message 8/9             02-Nov-00  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: Boring ...

Opini

K. What a stupid reply from your side. Since you donīt understand I will explain for you. People have died in wars over "FREEDOM OF SPEECH".

Message 9/9             02-Nov-00  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Boring ...

Link?: Link

I think that he was referring to the analogy used, as in bringing people dying in wars into a conversation about OS upgrades! It's a little extreme. If you're going to use that I could just as well say that you're lucky cos at least you have synth. Think of all those who don't have one and have to make-do with s/w synths!!

I've been trying to keep out of this as much as possible, but I've been quite annoyed with the treatment that drove Phill away from here. There are people who visit this site who are completely happy with their Nova/SN and are just looking for a little advice, who were able to get good support from Phill and the others. Now, because a few inconsiderate people, who have constantly given him grief he's gone and so has a huge source of info/help on the product. How often do you get one of the main people involved in designing a synth/smapler regularly visiting forums and helping out?? Not very often, I'd guess.

I don't know. I can't see why such a big fuss is being made of this. Is your Nova/SN broken? Is it performing less than it should do comparing it to the specs it was released with? Look at other synths on the market. Is it way behind them? Okay, so the special buttons were probably a bad idea, and so was promoting them (Novation won't make that mistake again), and I agree that if an OS update is promised, it should be delivered reasonably on time, and also that bugs should be ironed out but they are few and far between on the Nova/SN. Would you not rather wait till Novation sort out the features they can port to the Nova/SN products and have something really worth releasing rather than something that just slaps in a few new voices? There are far more important things to be done than complaining - there's enough of that done in the real world.

Over & out,

Si.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)