aaa New song featuring Nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: New song featuring Nova

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             03-Oct-00  @  11:33 PM   -   New song featuring Nova

alphazone

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I've completed another new song featuring the Nova and Drumstation. Check it out at http://www.mp3.com/alphazone

Most of both songs, "Afterhours" and "External" were done strictly with the Nova (and Drumstation). "External" is the new one. "Afterhours" was already a top 10 in Trance on MP3.com

Brian

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             04-Oct-00  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: New song featuring Nova

phunkytek

Link?:  No link

I've been to Mp3.com and I usually here music that sounds unfinished. i have to say i liked your tracks and was impressed with the sound production. In afterhours, how did you get that vocal sounding lead arppegiator, it sounds like a sampler, not the nova. Anyway, if you are not on a label you should be, i hear Mp3 does'nt pay squat. Best of luck and keep up the good work.

Message 3/9             05-Oct-00  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: New song featuring Nova

Jeff

Hi Brian,

I love your songs. Very good mixing, that's professional quality!
Yes, how did you get the vocal in "Afterhours"?

Best of luck in your very promising music career,

Jeff

Message 4/9             06-Oct-00  @  07:01 AM   -   RE: New song featuring Nova

alphazone

you guys know your stuff   that voice lead is one of two sounds that didn't come from the Nova (it's from an Alesis QS8). The other sound that didn't come from the Nova is a string pad from the korg wavestation that is layered with some Nova pads at the beginning of Afterhours. (of course most of the percussion did not come from the Nova - that's all Drumstation, ReBirth, and various samples)..

Brian

Message 5/9             06-Oct-00  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: New song featuring Nova

music

Man, gotta say that i`m listening to`After Hours` almost as much as i am Paul Oakenfold and the likes. You definately got that special `thing`  
I`m no expert but the structure of that track is almost perfect and the build ups are sweet.
Just out of curiosity, how did you do the gating effect on that vocal sound?
I know some people use cc7 and I use my ER-1 for gating but i just wondered how you did it.

keep up the good work

PsiN

Message 6/9             06-Oct-00  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: New song featuring Nova

alphazone

That voice lead part I played in real time, no arpegiator or gating [some people do still "play" piano  ] Really though i played it in real time then I went in the Cubase List edit and altered the note lenghts and velocities to give it that smooth, mechanical, quantized effect. When it's in the actuall track I think with all the other sounds going on it makes it sound more gated than it really is.

Thanks for the comments,
Brian

Message 7/9             06-Oct-00  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: New song featuring Nova

GT

Really superb work Brian.

GT

Message 8/9             07-Oct-00  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: New song featuring Nova

d_roman

Excellent work Brian. Both Afterhours and External are extremely tight and clean tracks. Great build ups, great mixing!

Darin

Message 9/9             08-Oct-00  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: New song featuring Nova

Rude Bwoy

Not bad - too many effects on External around the 4 minute mark onwards for me. Afterhours is quite nice. I do think a stronger hook is needed in both cases if you want it to stand out from the other million progressive trance tracks.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)