aaa quasimidi sirius or nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: quasimidi sirius or nova

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             22-Jun-00  @  03:15 AM   -   quasimidi sirius or nova

serie_b

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

last week ive try the quasimidi sirius and the nova at my local music store .
I didnt really have the time to really try both of theme and now they dont have anymore the sirius (they cant order other sirius,i dont know why)
so i found the sounds of the sirius verry good (factory preset,didnt really have the time to explore the synth engine)i know then the nova offer alots of possibility for sound creation but i found the factory preset so so ..
i dont know if the nova could be good for the kind of music i do .(electro-minimalist experimental like kraft werk,d.a.f , trisomie 21 , old depeche mode , fad gadget etc .. )
i have some real analogue synth like a juno 106 ,sh 101 , and i like the way it sounds so i was wondering witch one would be better for the kind of music i wanna do .

i am looking for :
-1 good synth for sound creation (i wanna be able to make some weird sounds)
-multitimbral
-the vocoder is a big bonus

thanks in advance
ps:sorry for my bad english  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             22-Jun-00  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: quasimidi sirius or nova

subtex

go for either the the virus B or the q rack they are both excellent for that type of music..I mean both the sirius and nova will work but the virus and q really pull off those kind of sounds

Message 3/9             22-Jun-00  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: quasimidi sirius or nova

eric

Errr I think the Nova is fatter than the Virus & Q.

Message 4/9             22-Jun-00  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: quasimidi sirius or nova

k

i thought quasimidi went under? or was it a myth?? aint had time to check it out.. whats the deal with that ?.. and support?

Message 5/9             22-Jun-00  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: quasimidi sirius or nova

Swift

I had a Sirius before I got a Nova and CS6x.The Sirius is not in the same league as these 2 and after a while all the sounds begin to sound very similar no matter how much you edit them

Message 6/9             22-Jun-00  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: quasimidi sirius or nova

UncleTome

XT, true kix the nova's teeth in

Message 7/9             29-Jun-00  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: quasimidi sirius or nova

sugarsound

Link?: Link

That is like comparing a Hundai to a Lexus? Get my drift. Plus it reflects in the sounds and the Price.  

Message 8/9             30-Jun-00  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: quasimidi sirius or nova

Link?:  Link

quasimidi sirius = SHIT!!
novation nova = GREAT!!

the waldorf an the virus r excellent too.

Message 9/9             30-Jun-00  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: quasimidi sirius or nova

serie_b

Someone told me then the sirius was v/a but i dont think so .. well i dont know what kind of synthesis they use exactly(anybody know ??)
but anyway im gonna buy the virus-b and with the new os 4.0 (16 part multi 24 voice + 82 effect etc ..etc ..
Ive tryed the nova and played with it for few hours .. sounds great and this synth seems verry good but for the kind of music i wanna make i think the virus will be beter .. the nova is good but ..i dont know ..the virus and the nova sounds verry different and personaly i prefere the virus who seems to have more synthesis capabilities and more polyphony .

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)