aaa Best mastering plug-ins for VST - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Best mastering plug-ins for VST

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             23-Mar-01  @  06:37 AM   -   Best mastering plug-ins for VST

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I have recently demoed a number of the available maximizers and multi-band comps for vst. I have found that the best mastering combo in cubase is waves l1, freefilter, and the peakmaster at the end to brickwall it from overs.Peakmaster comes with wavelab 3.0. In that order i get the best mixdowns, then I take the file and open a new arrangment. with just the mixdown file, and i run it through the ME compressor. It is a bit confusing at first but i got the hang of it in a about an hour. It does wonders for the final mix. Have you ever wondered why your mixes lacked that balance and punch. It's all about the mix and master fx and eq. You can only do so much with the individual tracks the eq and multi-band compressor allows you to seperate diferant bass mid and highs to isolate things that need to be pumped up or expanded down. The ME lets you solo frequencies to isolate them by ear. I was able to separate the low and mid kicks and push them together tighter with the bass line, and roll off the highs to give it that full hard pumping sound. So get the L1 maximizer and the spectral design Master Edition, they will do wonders for you when used right.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)