aaa how do i save audio parts - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: how do i save audio parts

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             02-Feb-02  @  10:31 AM   -   how do i save audio parts

bster

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

how do i save audio parts so that when i reopen an arrangment or song the audio parts(samples) used appear along with the midi parts (that always appear)?

bster

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             02-Feb-02  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

k

"audio parts(samples)"

if by that you mean audio parts on audio-tracks on the arrange-page & any imported or recorded audio in the POOL (wether being used on tracks or not)... that all get's saved with the song.

Message 3/10             02-Feb-02  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

influx

Link?:  Link

you need to sav as an .all file not an .arr

and for audio...you just specify an audio directory and the audio will all be right there (as well as the pool which just links to that space on your HD)

Message 4/10             04-Feb-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

knowa

I'm on mac, but it might bethe same. make sure you create a new folder for each song, 'choose' the folder as your audio files folder, then save the song in the same folder. very neat.

Message 5/10             05-Feb-02  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

bster

cheers.
i've sorted it now.

Message 6/10             05-Feb-02  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

k

yes, definately always create a new folder for songs, it's easy NOT to, but after a while the audio get's all mixed up and it's a nightmare de-scrabbling it all. Plus if the cubase SONG and the audio files are all in the same folder it makes backing up songs easier.

Message 7/10             05-Feb-02  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

influx

derrr. never thought of that. will do the same. midi and audio all in the same folder then you just drag and drop to CD to back up

Message 8/10             06-Feb-02  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

bster

er.. not sorted.
right import a .wav file from cd-rom use it in my song. then i save the song (.all file).
when i reopen the song Cubase cannot locate the .wav file because i've taken the disk out of the cd-rom drive.
so i gather that the .wav has to be sent to my hard disk, how do i do that in Cubase without going into windows explorer and copying a whole set of samples (.wav's)from cd-rom only to use some or none of em?

confused
bster.

Message 9/10             06-Feb-02  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

bster

i've noticed only the parts that i've recorded appear... so do i have to somehow record the .wav parts from the arrange window back into Cubase for them to reappear when i reopen the song?

Message 10/10             12-Feb-02  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: how do i save audio parts

influx

you need to copy them to hard disk. when you open them from CD cubase PLAYS them from there

this folders thing. create an audio folder, set the song to see that folder, PUT THE PARTS FROM CD in that folder and save as .all

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)