aaa Bad format? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Bad format?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             16-Dec-01  @  02:48 AM   -   Bad format?

Jacko Spax

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I think I figured out the problem, but I would like some confirmation. Sometimes when I try to open a song, a window will pop up saying that the application could not be opened due to a bad format.

This seems to only happen to songs that have wav files that I sampled off the internet playing through the drum machine.

Am I on the right track?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             16-Dec-01  @  06:53 PM     Edit: 16-Dec-01  |  06:57 PM   -   RE: Bad format?

k

Link?:  Link

could be.. if that preloads with the song - does it? - probably best to make a new song, save it, try to re-open it... if successful, then load the sample you suspect and save, does it open then?

keep doing this, adding web-samples one by one, saving & trying to re-open until you find the bad sample.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             18-Dec-01  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: Bad format?

Jacko Spax

Thanks for the reply. Yea I think that is the problem. Does it ever happen to anyone here? Nothing worse than opening up an ill beat than you worked on 3 hours the night before and its gone. I tried deleting the bad wav files and re-opening, but to no avail.

I wonder if im not saving the wav files correctly or what.I am somewhat new to computers (pathetic) so alot of shit is just trial and error.

I still cant get Reason to work with Cubase, the programs stop responding. I am not able to get a fix from a retailer or from steinberg. Is there anything I can do for that? What versions work correctly?

Again, thanks.

Message 4/10             18-Dec-01  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Bad format?

k

Link?:  Link

there's a patch on propellerheads site i think for such problems where they wont recognise each other.

or it could be bad install... reason needs a 100% clean VST install, no doubled registry entries etc. So you need to clean out reason & then vst, then sweep out the registry etc and then re-install VST, then reason.. then if still no go apply the patch. that might do it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10             26-Dec-01  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: Bad format?

lanusm

RE:"I still cant get Reason to work with Cubase, the programs stop responding. I am not able to get a fix from a retailer or from steinberg. Is there anything I can do for that? What versions work correctly? "

To make them work correctly you need Cubase Vst/32 5.0 r.4 or higher. I t won't work with older versions of cubase.
There is a rewire fix in reason directory that solve some of the problems.

I also noticed that you have to open them in the correct order:
Open Cubase, Open Reason, load song in reason, load song in cubase. And the same to close it:
Save reason changes, close song, close reason, Close cubase.

Good luck.
Mariano.

Message 6/10             30-Dec-01  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: Bad format?

Jacko Spax

Tonight I planned on dumping a ton of samples from my Akai S2000 onto my pc for use in Reason.

For some reason I keep getting that "Bad Format" window when I try to open the somg in which I have used a sample (wav file) on the drum machine.

I have a line going out from my mixer into my soundcard. I sample the audio signal on soundforge and then edit and save it as a .wav file into the appropriate folder. Then I create a new song on Reason and add in the sample I want to use.I then save the song and attempt to re-open it. That is when the "bad format" window pops up.

Can anyone figure out what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Message 7/10             30-Dec-01  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: Bad format?

Jacko Spax

Hmmm, I have cubase 5.0, so I'll mess around with the order of opening the programs and see if that works (using reason in cubase).

Message 8/10             13-Jan-02  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Bad format?

Protocol Droid

for some reason, I am able to get around this problem by actually finding the file on my harddrive and double clicking on it there, instead of trying to open it from Reason's file menu.

Just my 2 cents...

- Nick

Message 9/10             17-Jan-02  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Bad format?

Jacko Spax

Well my roomate found out why the songs wouldnt open.

For some reason, whenever we save a wav file from soundforge, in the folder we save it to , the icon appears, but right next to it is another icon bearing the same title as the wav file. The icon looks something like a sheet of papwe with a w on it. I have no idea what type of file it is(because I am computer retarded).

Regardless, I went through all my sample folders and deleted all the "w" files and now I can re open all my songs! so,... problem solved- but what are those files I am throwing away??

Late.

Message 10/10             18-Jan-02  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: Bad format?

Brett B

they are most likely the graphics file for sounge forge to display the wave.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)