aaa No way to offset audio in ms - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: No way to offset audio in ms

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             13-Oct-01  @  10:40 PM   -   No way to offset audio in ms

Etk

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

subject says it all, I'll be damned if I can find a way to offset and audio track in milliseconds. The slide function only has Measures, Ticks, Seconds, and Frames. This would be VERY usefull for correcting the small timing error that is introduced into the audio tracks because of the latency (8ms in my case) which keeps everything on the grid nice and sample accurate. The offset adjustment in the Audio options dialog is not the same thing fwiw, thats just for offseting the midi and audio, not audio and audio. This can be done manually, by just turning off the grid snap, and zooming in and out a few times, but it seems like it would be a rather trivial function to impliment, that would save lots of time for people like me. or maybe im just missing something heheh

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             13-Oct-01  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

Etk

Link?: Link

just ran into a plugin that does exactly what im lookin for,

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/sslide.htm

looks simple enough.

Message 3/10             14-Oct-01  @  04:31 AM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

Brett B

Link?:  No link

Sonar automaticly adjust for latency. what isn't locking up? I us the midi off set to make some synths with slower envelops lock up. So why is the 8ms latency messing with you?

Message 4/10             14-Oct-01  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

Etk

Link?:  Link

I know 8ms isnt really that big, but im a perfectionist, so naturally im whining =P. In an example case, say I lay out a simple 4/4 beat with seperate wavs using grid snap, then setup an audio track to record that back in, the newly recorded track will have an 8ms delay in the audio file itself, I know people will give me flack for this, but I can tell the difference between when the delay is adjused, and when its not. One way I found that works well to fix this, is to use the Snap Offest ability in the track properties. I can put a snap offset marker at 176 samples (which seems to be roughly 8ms at 44.1) into the audio clip, and when I drag it around, it will snap at that specific place in the clip, then I can just split the clip and delete the 8ms. I dunno, just one of those little things, if sonar had ms and/or samples in the slide feature it would be absolutely perfect in my eyes =) not saying it isnt damn good as it is btw.

Message 5/10             30-Nov-01  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

99devils

You do know that 1 ms = .001 seconds, don't you? If you want to shift by 8ms just shift by .008 seconds.

Message 6/10             03-Dec-01  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

Brett b

there really is no way to introduce delay on one side of a stereo track. I record all my stereo tracks as two individual mono tracks. Then I just move one back a bit.

Message 7/10             03-Dec-01  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

GT

FYI, The o1v allows delay (not the effect) on one channel of a stereo channel

Message 8/10             03-Dec-01  @  04:54 AM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

Etk

Brett, sure there is =) check this plugin out, I use it all the time, works like a charm.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/sslide.htm

you just take the gang off the two channels by hitting the connect button, then you can independently delay the left or right channel by however many ms you want.

Message 9/10             03-Dec-01  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

k

or you could open the wave in a stereo editor like wavelab and offset it first?

Message 10/10             04-Dec-01  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: No way to offset audio in ms

Brett B

i use stereo tracks as two mono because you can adjust the stereo spread. no adjustment like in cubase.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)