aaa How's Sonar shaping up ?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: How's Sonar shaping up ??

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             27-Oct-01  @  01:44 AM   -   How's Sonar shaping up ??

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hey, i dont have it installed right now since I rebuilt the pc, i only installed a few music s/w's until I get the new test machine.. how's the patches coming on?.. anything new or fixed or better ?...

what's the main gripes now?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             27-Oct-01  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

Brett B

Link?:  No link

Since I installed 1.3, I have had a lot of crashes,. The audio just cuts out. Sometimes closing the song and opening it again works. I really like the limiter, and reverb algorythms that come with it. I have found them to be easier to get results with over Waves. I have had some midi timing drifting ocasionally when I get up over 50% usage. I am getting a dual 1.2athlalon with a wave center pci. Should get around all that. The file format has changes. When uo open wrk files you save them as cwp files. I still hangup and crash when looping is active. They improved the look a little. Nothing major though. Editing is the same. We still need audio groups, separate panning of stereo channels, and 0-50 ms of audio delay on stereo tracks.

Message 3/10             06-Nov-01  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

formant

Link?:  Link

i don't have any problems with 1.3...

its solid for me K, all the stupid bugs are gone now

still no way to save off the groove clips outside of sonar, thats my only gripe but they will work it into a future patch i guess.

jamey

Message 4/10             07-Nov-01  @  05:58 AM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

psylichon

what do you mean jamey? exporting stretched/compressed loops? why can't you do that?

psylichon

Message 5/10             07-Nov-01  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

Bit Crusher

I have had 0 problems since I upgraded to 1.3, I dont use audio at all so I cant comment on that side of the prog, but midi is pretty tight and Ive had no crashes so far since upgrading. One thing though, when I was upgrading the os on my mQ it automatically assumed that I was using OUTPUT A which I have listed first in my output devices. I dont know if that had anything to do with the sysx file or cakewalk itself, but I had to *gasp* reach back and switch cables! pissed me off good. lol j/k
90% satisfied 10% displeased with the lingering interface crap left over from cwpa9 and the "flimsy" feeling window positioning, oh and also that I have to actually "click" on the eraser tool when I make a mistake unlike cubase where u right click and pick a tool.

Message 6/10             07-Nov-01  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

formant

theres just no way to save off a loop with the sonar groove info intact...

Message 7/10             27-Nov-01  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

sitar

You need the groove info for fruity loops? Are there other proggies that can read groove clip info?

I'm having a blast. I don't know what I'm having more fun with, making groove clips or going envelope crazy, or drawing controler info into piano roll views. I mix audio and midi up pretty thoroughly and I just have to stop what I'm doing, look at my midi and audio tracks sitting pretty together, and break into a chorus of "Happy Togetheeeeer DOO

Message 8/10             27-Nov-01  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

sitar

sorry. ONE MORE TIME!

"Happy togetheeeeeer DOO DOO DOO DOOOOO.

So happy togetheeeeer DOO DOO DOO DOOOOO.

It is so nice to be, you see,

A great big bunch of audioclips, and Mi-idi.

They play so well toge-ether, in harmony.

So happy togetheeeeer.

(Boom Boom Boom Boom)

I don't know why someone would use something else,

For all their traaaaaaaacks.

If you bought another program,

You should get

Your money Baaaaaaaaaaack."

Message 9/10             28-Nov-01  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

Andreas Chatzakis

Link?: Link

So does sonar now work with midiman audiophile?
Cause in the review k said there were problems.
I am still confused Sonar,Logic or Cubase.....
Stuck with Logic Delta.....
well maybe i ll wait for Logic 5.
So does es Sonar come with all the essential fx plugins?

I mean the simple version not the XL.
Also is there any freeware nice and simple dx drum sampler out there?

Message 10/10             29-Nov-01  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: How's Sonar shaping up ??

sitar

Have you checked out Linplug for drums? I can't remember the company. There was a link from DT about 8 months ago on the homepage. Maybe if you do a search. Can't remember how much it offered but it was pretty nifty.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)