aaa Could Someone Help Me Please? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Could Someone Help Me Please?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             22-Mar-01  @  04:46 PM   -   Could Someone Help Me Please?

subzeroX

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ok peeps ive managed to get things goin fine, finally got the tempo synched to my 909 but the problem now lies in the Matrix Edit,is there any way to make the grid more intense so i can really have more freedom where i put my notes and stuff?, cause i seem to b stuck with havin notes start where grids lines r n as you can gather this is posing as "frustrating",
any help would b greatly appreciated thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             23-Mar-01  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

deetee_sounds

see that little 'q' box...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             23-Mar-01  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

subzeroX

yeah i stumbled upon that n i noticed the notes were on diffrent parts,
only problem there is sometimes they wont move they just stay stuff n also there still not inline its bloody annoyin but looks like thats the only way to do it i guess

Message 4/10             24-Mar-01  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

apt13

hi...

u can move notes so they dont 'snap' to the grid (or whatever its called) if u hold down the (or is it , one of them anyway) key, and drag the note..... is this a help? Maybe u know this already and i'm just reading the thread wrong..

'after,

Niall

Message 5/10             24-Mar-01  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

subzeroX

well basicly i dont know "notations" or any of tha crap so any help you give me i appreiated more than anythin.
my friends labeld me as"unorthidox but comes thru"
im just new to all this computer sequencing
what key do i hold down as i drag?

Message 6/10             26-Mar-01  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

apt13

hehe... sorry bout that...

i;d put the keys in < brackets, which was a bit silly considering thats html, isn't it... ;)

anyway its either alt or ctrl keys that u press down. Make sure that the quantisation level is correctly set in the matrix edit... if ya set it to the max 192 (i think) u can move the not anyplace at all, lower the number and it becomes more fixed etc...

'after,

Niall

Message 7/10             26-Mar-01  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

a.storey

Link?:  No link

Holding down 'Alt' will let you make fine
adjustments.....but hold down Alt+Shift and you can move the notes tick by tick (you shouldn't need to get any finer).

Message 8/10             26-Mar-01  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

deetee_sounds

BUT... drums are best donw in HYPEREDIT - this is an awesome drum-map type grid editor - select the drum part, select - WINDOWS/HYPER-EDIT, then when it opens select GM-DRUMKIT

you can create kits with unique note numbers per row, and all parameters for each drum is settable such as the grid reolution per drum AND better till, you can have controller rows alongside the actual drum rows... so for exmple you can have a filter row under a snare row etc...

once your grid is open, assing it to a key-press/screenset for easy opening...

this is the part of logic drum that makes it rule over vst for drums. the matrix edit is best used for keyboard parts & notes like a normal piano roll

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/10             26-Mar-01  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

subzeroX

i have my logic synched to my 909's tempo
so i tend to try n get notes inline with the 909's kick

Message 10/10             30-Mar-01  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: Could Someone Help Me Please?

k

no need to fuck about like that with off-setting notes within patterns, just create your patterns as normal and use the DELAY OFFSET feature on the arrange-page track headers to slide the offset +/- of any of the tracks (or parts) to sync to a TEE !!!!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)