aaa What's wrong with hoontech? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: What's wrong with hoontech?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             14-Feb-01  @  10:23 PM   -   What's wrong with hoontech?

raffe

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I found this card: SoundTrack Audio DSP24 + ADC&DAC2000 http://www.hoontech.com/english/products/dsp2000/info.html

In description it looks much like Midiman Delta 1010. But cost only half the price. Why is Hoontech so cheap? Is it a bad card?

Rafael

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             15-Feb-01  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

k

nowt it is great for the cash

Message 3/10             15-Feb-01  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

I juct don't understand why it isn't reviewed/mentioned in any mag or bigger corporate sites.
It's a conspiracy.
get one now!

I have one and it's just so great it makes me weep. And what a price!!!! sure they bang about SBlive's and shit but not Hoontech.
Thank heavens for K for introducing me to this wonderful, caring and tender card.

Message 4/10             15-Feb-01  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

raffe

The card sure looks good. But I've just found out that the driver support for Win2K is bad. ASIO drivers don't work properly. And that is a problem for me since I really want to start using Windows 2000 for music making.

Rafael

Message 5/10             16-Feb-01  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

k

i suppose again cos hoontech dont advertise in mags... same with orion.. no-ones mentioned that too it seems even when comparing in Reason reviews... sad... thats why DT is here, (of course).

Message 6/10             16-Feb-01  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

k

AND it is the biggest selling pc gear item at Thomann apparently now  

Message 7/10             20-Feb-01  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

yeah i noticed that too. I got mine from ze thomans

Message 8/10             20-Feb-01  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

Jez

Link?: Link

how much in UKP?

Message 9/10             22-Feb-01  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

Dizzy

Its £276 at thomann.de now and that really is a fecking steal for what your getting.

Message 10/10             22-Feb-01  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: What's wrong with hoontech?

adams04

Very good card.
Rock solid,tho,i find the small latency annoying when just writing midi,so i don,t use the returns then.
No moans so far, regular updates,and a very helpful mailing list,which keeps me in touch with news.
Real time fx in cubase works fine,Direct X ,no real hassles yet.

When i do go over to audio to mix down a new track,i,ll discover just how good the DSP 2000 is,but i,m a ways off yet.

Matt from Oz on the list has a shop,so he says its better value etc than the Delta.

Still not got any info about using 2 dsp,s and 2 Racks ,but someone who has this ,wrote in recently saying how good it worked.

I think Win 2K is being written now; ask on the Hoontech Forum on their website.
Several developers write regularly there as well as on the mailing list.

Finally, thanx to K for advertising and reviewing the card.

Now i,m after a Drumstation...........

Cheers John.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)