aaa Not a cakewalk format file - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Not a cakewalk format file

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             15-Jan-02  @  09:04 AM   -   Not a cakewalk format file

Timo.Kiviniemi

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Huh!

I was working with my latest project on yesterday with Sonar and when I hit save, I recieved a message: "Not a cakewalk format file"!!! How can it be? The whole project is made with Sonar 1.3.1!! I bet you all guessed that the file won't open anymore. Sonar starts reading it and it searches the audio files (if I change data directory) but when the arrangement should show up the message pops up.

I once recieved message "Seek failed error" with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.0, which was exacly similar, program starts to search audio and stoppes right after.

So.. Make sure you have Autosave turned on (I didn't had) and multiple copies of your important work.

What can I say. Two weeks work down to drain  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             15-Jan-02  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

sitar

Link?:  Link

Is 1.3.1 the latest upgrade? I was told that getting the latest would probably allow you to open a file with a problem. Give Cakewalk tech support a call. Usually about 15-30 minutes on hold but it's worth it if you get your track back. Also try making a copy of it in Explorer and opening the copy. See if that works or rename the copy. It works sometimes with files from other programs.

Message 3/11             15-Jan-02  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

Brett B

Link?:  No link

try e-mail. They are very thorough. Cakewalk has the best tech support in the industry! support@cakewalk.com I think.

Message 4/11             15-Jan-02  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

Brett B

Link?:  No link

try e-mail. They are very thorough. Cakewalk has the best tech support in the industry! support@cakewalk.com I think.

Message 5/11             16-Jan-02  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

Timo.Kiviniemi

I tried making copy of it. Didn't helped. I even tried to find out if there would be some major differences with that file and some working file... using word in that didn't help me either  

I mailed and sent the file to cakewalk yesterday no response yet. Maybe tomorrow...

30 minute long phone call from Finland to United States with cellular would bankrobt me =)

Message 6/11             16-Jan-02  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

Timo.Kiviniemi

I tried making copy of it. Didn't helped. I even tried to find out if there would be some major differences with that file and some working file... using word in that didn't help me either  

I mailed and sent the file to cakewalk yesterday no response yet. Maybe tomorrow...

30 minute long phone call from Finland to United States with cellular would bankrobt me =)

Message 7/11             16-Jan-02  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

sitar

Sorry. Didn't realize you're in Finland. What the hell are you doing in Finland!   I thought Cakewalk might have set up at least 1 headquarters in Europe by now. I guess not.

Message 8/11             17-Jan-02  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

Timo.Kiviniemi

I'm enjoying of fresh air and clean nature =)
Actually, I'm studying commercial music production and economics in a university that's in Central Finland middle of nowhere. Well... rent is low and there's no shops or anything to spent your money in.

Next big even in here is probably Stripteas Finnish Championships, which is on 24-25th January... You are all welcome  

Message 9/11             22-Jan-02  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

sitar

That would be worth attending.

Message 10/11             23-Jan-02  @  01:27 PM   -   RE: Not a cakewalk format file

Timo.Kiviniemi

I gave you disinformation. The contest ain't until next weekend.

But then... How stupid can I be. I got the file to work by upgrading sonar 1.3 to 1.3.1. I thought I had the latest upgrade but noooo.. Stupid me. Well now song works. I'll upload it to dancetech soon.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)