aaa tc native bundle - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: tc native bundle

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             28-May-01  @  05:54 PM   -   tc native bundle

Vinny Bricks

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi!!

i just got access to tc native bundle and waves gold bundle for pc, and I am totally blown away!!! they are both soooo much nicer than the sonic foundry fx i've been using!

what I am hoping someone will help me with is suggestions on using it. i mean I know how it all works, but I have so many options on how to use it. i mean, i could use the maxxbass on the kick drum itself, or use it with the final mix, etc.

what works for you guys? what have you gotten the best results with?

just wondering... thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             28-May-01  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: tc native bundle

k

i find the gold stuff is cpu heavey, but sure, goodm, but not so good i cant use DBrown cop etc and get just as good results for way less cpu stress - use the maxxbass wherever you like try experimenting. didnt try the Tc bundle yet, but i tried the TC native reverb and didnt think much to it - there is a few better again using way less resources, freeverb springs to mind of course and also the excellent dsp-fx reverbs, i found the dsp-fx verbs beat both the TC & Timeworks for a verb sound but used way less cpu stress.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11             28-May-01  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: tc native bundle

Vinny Bricks

yeah, i'm mainly into all this stuff for the dynamics and pretty mastering stuff. i have tons of reverbs and stuff between all my plugins and hardware fx.

I'm just still trying to figure out how to get THAT SOUND. That polished sound that the records I buy have. I think that I can get very close to that sound if I can just learn how to use these plugins properly.

We have been pressing dub plates for some time, but I can't even play them because the sound of the unmastered tracks is so "not-punchy." I can get decent results mastering for cd, but all the stuff I send off to the cutter comes back sounding dull with no punch and no low end.

I just wish there was information. I don't have the budget right now to have professional mastering performed on every dub plate.

thanks again k!

Message 4/11             28-May-01  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: tc native bundle

hey Vinny do ya wanna try sendin me some stuff 4 me 2 mess with an i`ll see what i can do with it?? I cant promise anything cause i`m not a pro but i think that i get get a decent sound with all this mastering software, ive got a release comin out in about 2 months thats done all @ home.

peace,

Message 5/11             28-May-01  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: tc native bundle

oh an do ya normailze ??

Message 6/11             28-May-01  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: tc native bundle

Vinny Bricks

oh yeah, I definitely normalize.

I would be willing to let you give one of our tracks a try. I am awaiting a new higher tempo version to come from my horribly overworked partner, but when it is done maybe we can hook up and see what happens. I am also awaiting this new version to see what I can do with the tc stuff.

I might just pay to have this track pro mastered because in the end We are about to do a 500-piece white label run of it and it might be worth it to break down and have someone who knows what they are doing have a go at it.  

Message 7/11             29-May-01  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: tc native bundle

Normal

Link?:  Link

Just to butt in... we're havin a tune pressed at the moment, and the guy who's sorting it got it especially mastered for vinyl... the original first gets mastered for CD, then that version gets redone just for the vinyl... apparently it can make a massive difference, but i'll have to wait and see what it sounds like when we get it back. I reckon you'd need a fair bit of experience to get it right yourself tho.
Al

Message 8/11             29-May-01  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: tc native bundle

Vinny Bricks

I'm just gonna have to keep experimenting.... I'ma get this track mastered professionally and see what I can do to duplicate it.

Message 9/11             06-Jun-01  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: tc native bundle

Brett B

Link?:  Link

you can download all the waves user manuals at waves web site. As for the tc plugs, once i used the native gold bundle, i uninstalled the tc native bundle. Wave plugs blow the tc bundle away. freeverb sounded better than the tc reverb. The L1 is magic. The RCL is great. K is right about resources, but isn't that what we ahve been saying, give us faster computers and stronger plug-ins. I get the RCL right on basses and drums and then apply the effect to free up power. Turn the L1 on when i am ready to export.

Message 10/11             06-Jun-01  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: tc native bundle

k

NE1 tried DSPFX ?... i really rate their stuff especialy the verbs... and it's multi-processor compatible the whole package

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)