aaa Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             21-May-01  @  08:20 PM   -   Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

shpongledboy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

So how about this card.. Marian's Marc 4 Midi? I think it would be even better that Hoontech's SoundTrack Audio DSP24+ADC&DAC2000 for me because I don't need so meny analog I/Os... and it's cheaper.

Here is some info..

- PCI-Audio card
- four analog Inputs
- four analog Outputs
- all I/Os with 24 Bit/96 kHz
- 2 Midi I/Os
- Driver: Win 9x, NT 4, Gsif
DirectSound, ASIO 2.0

More info in Marian's site... http://www.marian.de/english/main.htm

Like always... user comments would give me more trust when choosing a card.  

Thanks.  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             25-May-01  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

k

Link?: Link

cant load the site at all that you link to ???

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/12             25-May-01  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

shpongledboy

Hmm strange.. it'works fine when I cut n paste that address to my browser. 8-o

Message 4/12             25-May-01  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

k

ah it's ok today.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/12             26-May-01  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

shpongledboy

..but you haven't heard anything about the card?

Message 6/12             26-May-01  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

infrasound

I thikn there was a review in SOS an issue or 2 back.

Message 7/12             26-May-01  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

shpongledboy

Yes I know but I can't access to that review because I'm not a subscriber and we don't have that mag in Finland.   I asked in SOS forum if sombody could sent it to my email but nobody did.  

Message 8/12             28-May-01  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

infrasound

I dont have a scanner or anything to help you out but I do have the magazine so what exactly is it you want to kmow about it? It was given a good write up anyway.

Message 9/12             28-May-01  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

shpongledboy

I just would like to read that.. but didn't mean that somebody should scan that article... it's also in SOS site. But anyway... was there any negative things they said? Can you tell me those?

Thanks.  

Message 10/12             30-May-01  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Any exp. with Marian's Marc 4 Midi?

infrasound

sorry, it took a while to dig out the copy of sos.

Alrighty, heres the pros in the little overview box:

* high audio quality

* extremely good value

* capable of low-latency

* uses 1/4 inch jack sockets for audio i/o

and the cons:

* no text readout of utility fader positions

* english language website not available at time of review

and the summary:

with 4 high quality audio ins and outs, plus 2 midi ins and outs for just 225 quid, the marian marc 4 midi should fly of the shelves.

Sounds pretty good huh? Its syas the noise levels are exactly as stated by the company and using the ASIO drivers you could get it down to 3ms latency with no glitching although this caused the cpu usage meter to rise.

hth anyway.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)