aaa IBM build worlds fastest computer - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: IBM build worlds fastest computer

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             22-Dec-01  @  02:43 AM   -   IBM build worlds fastest computer

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ARMONK (New York) - International Business Machines (IBM) has won a contract to build a supercomputer nearly twice as powerful as the top machine in use today. A European consortium will use it to forecast the weather.

The largest computer maker will use about 100 of its latest high-performance server computers, the p690, to build a machine capable of more than 20 trillion calculations per second, IBM spokesman John Buscemi said.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             22-Dec-01  @  02:50 AM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

espoo2

Link?:  No link

WOW!
Predicting the weather!?!?
What a concept!

Message 3/13             22-Dec-01  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

influx

Link?:  Link

hehe. just imagine if those resources were applied to things that ACTUALLY FUCKING MATTER!!!!

Message 4/13             22-Dec-01  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

Brett B

the government has it's own semiconductor development that has had supercomputers for codebreaking. I watched a show on The NSA and how they have these liquid cooled super computers. No one that works for the government's semi-conductor development is allowed to work in the private sector semi-conductor industry if they decide to leave. They get on a plane in the city and fly into the facility's own airport in the desert. Then fly home at the end of the day. No cars go in or out of the facility. The show was exposing the conditions these employees face as many have developed strange illnesses and skin problems. Of coarse the government agencies refuse to disclose any info. You can only imagine what they have developed. Private sector development is based on private sector need and profitablity. That slows it down. The military and National Security Agency develop based on budget, and there has been plenty of money to go around for the last 20years. I am sure they have computers that already operate at that level or maybe even beyond.

Message 5/13             22-Dec-01  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

k

actualy the US military is going to release a series of games for popular consoles based on training s/w.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/13             22-Dec-01  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

Brett B

That could be cool. And they will have competitions and the winners get to be cammandos! Wasn't there a show or movie about the government using kids to fly and operate drones to carry out missions. They think they are playing a game and they just wiped out a village! The games should be interesting.

Message 7/13             23-Dec-01  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

milan

i bet those games will be popular in Al Qaida circles  

Message 8/13             23-Dec-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

influx

yep. lets train more warriors. and use all of our resources for that and "intelligence"

espionage rules!

Message 9/13             24-Dec-01  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

k

nah thats old tech... what they are working on now is pooling russian & US research to create x-men style personel.

Message 10/13             24-Dec-01  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: IBM build worlds fastest computer

GT

Actualy, the French are going to use it just to simulate airport security.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)