aaa do i need a wave editor - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: do i need a wave editor

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             14-Jan-02  @  05:48 PM   -   do i need a wave editor

bster

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'll shortly be getting a new pc with Cubase VST 5.1, as i've got some spare funds i am wondering if i should get a wave editor like recycle or something, the thing is what will a seperate editor do that cubase wont?

bster

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             14-Jan-02  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

bedwyr

Link?: Link

recycle just chops up loops for you.

i use wavelab to edit tracks once they're done. stuff like mastering and fadeouts, cd compiling, sticking a tiny bit of silence at the start of tracks so that cheap cd players don't fade in the start. you could do most of it in cubase i guess, just more fiddly.

Message 3/13             14-Jan-02  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

k

Link?:  Link

no way could VST do what wavelab does - it is very powerful, cd ripping & burning & mastering, multiple location non destructive file mixing multitrack, superb editor, batch processing, mp3 encoder etc.. why not get the producer-pak (both programmes) - did I say I love wavelab?  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/13             14-Jan-02  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

influx

yeah. get an editor. the cubase wave editor is pretty rudimentary

but recycle aint it. get wavelab or soundforge

I can hook you recycle

Message 5/13             16-Jan-02  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

bster

bearing in mind i've never done any audio work in my pc should i get to grips with audio in cubase first before buying a wave editor?

bster

Message 6/13             16-Jan-02  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

k

yes basicaly..... but R U sure VST is the one you need?... logic has a good wave editor suite built in and piss-easy automated audio mixing.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/13             16-Jan-02  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

bedwyr

Link?: Link

bear in mind that the new logic 5 is going to be £649 OUCH! (so say digital village today, though they don't know what that will include eg exs24?) but i've heard that an upgrade from logic 4.x will be £99 which seems reasonable. so if you get logic 4 s/h can you just pay £99 for logic 5? dunno.

http://www.soundtech.co.uk/news/emagic.htm

and 4.x is getting some heavy discounts at the moment.

and logic 5 isn't out 'till the end of the month at least.

Message 8/13             16-Jan-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

bster

I've gone for cubase because i've been using the VST 3.5 version for midi only for 2yrs and its gonna be hard enough to get into audio stuff without learning how to create tracks, midi bits etc with logic.

bster

Message 9/13             16-Jan-02  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

k

ok, then i would get wavelab.

Message 10/13             17-Jan-02  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: do i need a wave editor

bster

ok.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)