aaa Korg Oasys under $500 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Korg Oasys under $500

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             03-Aug-01  @  02:55 AM   -   Korg Oasys under $500

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Guitar center has the Korg Oasys on sale for $499. That is a card that has most of the pcm from the Triton, sampling, and analog and acoustic modeling of the Z1 and analog modeling of the ER-1, EA-1. Spdif/ ADAt i/o and it is compatible with other cards. so you can use it just for synthesis and sampling in conjuntion with RME, Creamware etc. Pretty amazing for $499. i am selling my DSP factory and buying it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             03-Aug-01  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

k

Link?: Link

good idea. Now they got the price right, they ought to go for a new production run.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13             03-Aug-01  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

Brett B

I am telling ya, all that in a card. It's worth having just for the synths. Plus I could really use the adat i/o. Pc's are so cheap, you could bring one to a gig with it in there as a stand alone fx synth unit. I wonder what kind of native latencies you could expected from it in Sonar? I bet it's not any worse than my DS2416. I run around 30ms stable in Windows98. Not great at all.

Message 4/13             15-Aug-01  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

alan

Link?:  No link

I cant seem to find the link to the super $500 deal. Anyone help? Thanks.

Message 5/13             15-Aug-01  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

Brett B

no link! go to, or call Guitar Center. It was in their add they sent me.

Message 6/13             17-Aug-01  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

Johan Wuyts

Damn, there should be a Guitare Center in Holland. Where I'am from they ask about 1100 USD for the oasys and call it a discount price. The regular price is stil around 2000 USD. If there are dutch readers who know where to get one cheap. Please reply

grts, johan

Message 7/13             18-Aug-01  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

Brett B

Buy it from GC, they do phone orders. Call the one in NY City and ask for somone in pro-audio, and have them ship it to you. All they need is a credit card and a shipping address that matches.You will pay about $20 for the shipping.

Message 8/13             18-Aug-01  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

Johan Wuyts

Brett, do you have a phone number for me. I cant find it on the net and i dont have a NY telephone guide. I sure hope they ship to Europe.

Message 9/13             19-Aug-01  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

Brett B

I'll have one for you , I have to look at the mailer. Try back tomorrow and it will be here. If they wont do it e-mail me, and i'll work it out with my friend here in Houston who runs the keyboard dept. Also, check www.8thstreet.com. They are awsome at metching quotes, and I can fax you a copy of this ad. Ask for Randy, a manager there. He is awsome about hooking me up.

Message 10/13             19-Aug-01  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: Korg Oasys under $500

Brett B

one of the Ney york GC's (516)-248-2020

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)