aaa harsware controller - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: harsware controller

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             04-Jun-01  @  02:39 PM   -   harsware controller

danielchfn

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

how can i add a hardware controller (like pro tools, paris and digital performer have) to record and mix with sonar?

is there any dedicated machine? or can i simply add a digital mixer?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             04-Jun-01  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: harsware controller

99devils

Link?: Link

There's tons of options.. Any MIDI fader box can be configured to be used like this. There's a Tascam USB thingy that'll work as well.

-Craig

Message 3/13             05-Jun-01  @  06:51 AM   -   RE: harsware controller

Brett B

Link?:  Link

the great thing about Sonar is it will learn any controler like Rebirth does. I use my o1v, and i can use the same bank as my other equi[ptment because it is simply a slect and learn type of thing. you right click and item and them hit remote control, then check controler, then wiggle the controler then hit learn. . that parameter is set to be controled. The set up automation recording and you are good to go.

Message 4/13             05-Jun-01  @  03:38 PM   -   RE: harsware controller

daniel chalfon

brett i'm really thinking about using the 01v, what soundcard you have?

Message 5/13             05-Jun-01  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: harsware controller

gb

You're thinking of using the 01v as a control surface for mixing in software ? That doesn't make much sense...

Message 6/13             05-Jun-01  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: harsware controller

gb

...anyway, if you have a 01v the best (?) way to go would be getting the adat option and then an adat card for your computer. Then you'll be able to do the levels, eq and dynamics on the 01v and record eight tracks at a time using Cakewalk.

Message 7/13             05-Jun-01  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: harsware controller

daniel chalfon

i don't have the 01v, i am checking the options. there is also event's ez-bus.

what i need is 8 track simultaneous recording and a control surface because i don't want to mix with the mouse.

a salesman in a store offered me to use the 01v with one of those echo cards (gina or layla, dunno), is it worth?

Message 8/13             06-Jun-01  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: harsware controller

Brett B

it is a valid question, i baught the o1v for remote control of cubase, and use as a live mixer. It works great because you have four banks to program for the sliders and knobs. i use it as a sysex controler for my mks-80, my juno, and a controler for my emu e4 and to do automation stuff in the software. I use a dsp factory, and it will remote control the dsp factory mixer in cubase as well. I already had the ax44's for my sound card when I bought it, but after using the 01v to rcord via the digital spdif, i have never used those i/o's again. But take into consideration that the o1v, and the adat i/o are only 48khz max and only 20bit ads. So there are other i/o alternatives for higher resolution recording. But i get great sound recording through it at 44.1khz. You can always drop $1500 on an apogee card for true apogee 24 bit conversion, but the output from that is only tascam. The adat card is a nice i/o and should work for all but the most demanding vocal and acoustic recording aps, and I only record synths and samples. I am switching to protools soon, and I think the adat bridge is the way for me. I can add a high end 24bit 888 later. if i decide to sell the o1v and just go for the 24bit i/o, I will post it here within the next few months.

Message 9/13             06-Jun-01  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: harsware controller

gb

I suppose you could use the Cakewalk / Peavey StudioMix as a control surface. It has a number of knobs and motorized faderes. It's certainly cheaper than a 01v, but of course it's just a midi controller. And Midiman makes a multitrack recording system (I think it's named Delta 1010).

Still - more and more people seem to go for the 01v/adat solution and most of them seem to be happy about it.

(Also note that if you do get a 01v with adat, you'll want a soundcard with adat - not just spdif - for your computer.)

Message 10/13             06-Jun-01  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: harsware controller

Formant

Link?: Link

i have the frontier designs wavecenter adat card and its a perfect match to my o1v.

jamey

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)