aaa SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             10-Nov-02  @  10:42 AM   -   SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just to say, at the recent music live show, Cake's distributor was there demonstrating SONAR, and guess what card they had running WDM drivers at 5ms or so latency (I played it in realtime from a keyboard) - Yup!... the Hoontech DSP24/96 Value!

seems to work... That's good news!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             10-Nov-02  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

psylichon

Link?: Link

5 ms? Man, I need like 2. Haven't we gotten there yet on the PC? I want live input monitoring, damnit!

psylichon

Message 3/14             10-Nov-02  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

brett

Link?:  No link

the dsp3000 looks like a great interface. and it has the same converters found in the mytek 8x96. mic pre's with inserts after the pre for using outbourd comps and eq's. I am torn between it and the RME ADI-DS. I am glad to see the hoontech being showcased by Cakewalk. As you said, promising.

Message 4/14             11-Nov-02  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

k

Link?:  Link

the hoontechs applet allows direct thru no-latency monitoring for those working with external hardware - You just route the virtual patch cables for the inputs from the IN direct to the OUT - the recording s/w takes a sniff and records off that feed.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/14             11-Nov-02  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

psylichon

well yeah, most cards have that. even my shitty yammie. But I want low-enough-latency software monitoring so I can use some realtime FX, ya know?

psylichon

Message 6/14             11-Nov-02  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

k

well you can use ADDITIVE fx with any low latency card on inputs, but I dont think using a s/w compressor insert etc is realistic on any of them. For that i prefer to use an outboard comp/pre

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/14             11-Nov-02  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

psylichon

k- well it's feasible on pro-tools, and that what the native programs are really striving to be, audio-wise.

psylichon

Message 8/14             11-Nov-02  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

k

yeah but they wont I doubt, you need instant latancy for insert fx, it's way cheaper to just get a decent pre-amp/comp unit than spending loads on a ball-busting pc just to try to acheive that.

Message 9/14             12-Nov-02  @  11:08 AM   -   PC Music

Christian

Hi it,s damn hard to find the infi I am loking for from forums.I am a dj and I realy wanna get down to produce or decently be able to sample tracks and and so on.I first think I need to buy a PC but I don't know how powerful I need it to be.I wanna learn everything from sampling to composing.I though that I'd get a pretty good idea of what I need but from what I read in the forums is way too complicated.My budget is 1300£ can anyone reccomend a good overall machine that will be able to coupe with most sofware, soundcards and so on and on......

Message 10/14             12-Nov-02  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: SONAR + Hoontech (st-audio)

99devils

Start reading the info on this site. There's tons of info to help you answer your own question.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)