aaa I love Sonar - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: I love Sonar

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             28-Feb-02  @  01:02 PM   -   I love Sonar

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

That's it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             28-Feb-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: I love Sonar

Mindspawn

Link?: Link

I enjoy it quite a lot mesef.... AND (gloat, gloat, gleeful, evil smirk...) I may get sponsership from the twelve tone folks.... very cool... like their software more already....

Peace

Message 3/14             01-Mar-02  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: I love Sonar

sitar

What do twelve tone make again?

Message 4/14             01-Mar-02  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: I love Sonar

gb

They make Sonar and a few other pieces of software...

Twelve Tone Systems made a few versions of Cakewalk and then morphed into a company called Cakewalk.

At least I think that's what happened.

Message 5/14             01-Mar-02  @  08:50 PM     Edit: 01-Mar-02  |  08:51 PM   -   RE: I love Sonar

gb

Actually, (I decided to check it out), ...

Actually, Sonar isn't made by Cakewalk. We just think it is. If you scroll to the bottom of the Cakewalk website, you'll see that :

"Copyright © 2002 by Twelve Tone Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Cakewalk is a registered trademark and the Cakewalk logo is a trademark of Twelve Tone Systems, Inc. Other names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Prices, specifications, and availability are subject to change without notice."

Message 6/14             03-Mar-02  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: I love Sonar

Brett B

Link?:  No link

still wish sonar has individual pan on each stereo channel for adjusting width, and a dedicated master section for the virtual busses to send to for insert a lmiter and eq in there. And support for muti-i/o sofsynths. Sucks that a drumbox has to out all the drums on one channel. VST has this figured out. DXI doesn't support it. Still a wondefully laid out program and so easy to work in. I use it for my audio recording and then i load into reason nn19 for mixing into my tracks.

Message 7/14             03-Mar-02  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: I love Sonar

gb

Well, I'm tempted to upgrade now that they reduced the price back to what it was (even tho the upgrade is still too expensive).

But given my previous experience with Cakewalk 'deals' like this one, I'd say there's an upgrade coming, and those who upgrade now are the losers. Save money now, and spend more in a couple of months.

Message 8/14             04-Mar-02  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: I love Sonar

sitarsong

That's right. Twelve Tone Systems makes Sonar. I knew the name sounded awefully familiar. I'll slink off under a rock now.

Message 9/14             04-Mar-02  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: I love Sonar

bedwyr

i'm trying sonar out at the moment. (coz u all like it so much)i don't really like the way it looks, though. me logic fan. looks nice; blue.

Message 10/14             05-Mar-02  @  05:27 AM   -   RE: I love Sonar

Brett B

Link?:  No link

It's not a graphics wonderland with those nice knobs and what not in Logic, but you can in essence do everything from the arrange window. You have mixer levels, i/o , fx, et on the left with your audio and edits on the right, and once you get crafty with the shortcuts you can move so fast. cntrl+ arrows up,down,left,right can zoom in and out and left and right so fast for editing.
remote control is easy as a right click on a paramenter.

archiving and hiding tracks ot clean up your view. Loved working in it.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)