aaa convince me i need cubase - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: convince me i need cubase

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             08-Nov-00  @  12:38 AM   -   convince me i need cubase

glanceback

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

i use cakewalk and i hate it. convince me i should buy cubase rather than logic...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             08-Nov-00  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

tetsuo2

Link?:  No link

u will pick up cubase much much quicker

Message 3/15             08-Nov-00  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

GT

You could come out of the (cakewalk) closet...it's safe.

Uh, let's see...Better Support???

Message 4/15             09-Nov-00  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

easy.ed

Link?: Link

VST INSTRUMENTS !!

They rock, and you can even get free ones that are pretty good. A lot of them can be used with standard midi controllers as well, like 74 for cutoff. Piss easy. Version 5 has a lot of improvements as well, better EQ, nicer sounding effects, tighter timing, user interface enhancements like the way you select controllers and stuff...
I'm not on commission or anything, but I reckon it's pretty good.
Also, see k's article on the LM9 you get with it, and read the other posts...
I've always hated cakewalk, I just don't like the way it works. I've got logic as well, but I can't get my head round that either...it's just what you are used to I suppose. Of course it would help if I could afford to buy it and get a proper manual...

Message 5/15             09-Nov-00  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

glanceback

Link?:  Link

VST instruments - these won't work in logic?

Message 6/15             09-Nov-00  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

k

Link?: Link

yup, that above is the two free vst instruments NEON & LM9 doing there thang in vst with vst eq & fx etc all on an MMX-200 - tight triggering huh!!! - totally vst with nothing added....

thats the mp3 version for better clarity

http://www.dancetech.com/vst_make_a_track_1_mix_a_mpg.WAV

Message 7/15             09-Nov-00  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

CK

VST instruments work in Logic and Cubase. There is little to choose between them.

Message 8/15             10-Nov-00  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

k

sorry, i didnt mean "yup" they dont work in logic, i meant "yup" they rock !

Message 9/15             10-Nov-00  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

glockh210

I can't think of any reason not to get Cubase!

Message 10/15             11-Nov-00  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: convince me i need cubase

CK

You're not trying hard enough!

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)