aaa soundcard advise needed - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: soundcard advise needed

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17             27-Feb-01  @  12:20 AM   -   soundcard advise needed

lillos

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi! Me and my friend are trying to find whats the best soundcard for our needs. We are making dance music and we have already sold many cds. Till now we were working for a minor label which was providing as the rec studio. We have now decided to go our way and do everything ourselves. So, here we are searcing for a soundcard that can be used for composing, mixing and mastering. From what we've seen till now, there are some inexpensive cards that prommise to do all these things. The Luna by Creamware is a soundcard that is not expensive and seems good. Considering that we are using softwares like reason, orion ecc, do you think that this card can do the job? What is importand to us is that we get a good output and that the frequency responce is very good so that the music doesnt get muddy with all those bass sounds we use. We want at the end a strong output in decibels and clear sound. We've seen all those cards that cost arround $1000 and they seem good, but we feel we do not realy need all these in/outs that make the price go so high. Can somebody say to us what's the best compromise in our situation?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             27-Feb-01  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

k

do you need any external hardware to be added to the mix or is this all in-pc synths, samples drums etc? and do you need to copy to/from dat?

Message 3/17             27-Feb-01  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

lilcam

Thanx for your reply.
We would like to do everything inside the pc. We might need to record some external signals but it would be enough with 1 or 2 inputs. We also want the digital in/out for use with a mindisk. We do not use dat at all. Someone talked to me about the "DAL CARDDELUXE".I saw the specs, very impressive but not midi in/out. Though I guess thats no problem as I can use a sblive for as midi interface.
Tell me your opinion on the Luna. Also do you know if the 3 dsp boards on the LUNA can make less the load on the cpu when using software like cakewalk, reason ecc?
Thank you very much.

Message 4/17             27-Feb-01  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

k

ok so just quality clean monitoring, fast asio midi in for playing the synths etc live and fast plugins etc... midiman audiophile is clean clear crisp, 24/96 and does all the rest inc' s/pdif i/o which you might use one day trust me on that... and cheap - - THEN put the money into a good pair of speakers and a clean amp with enuff power to drive 'em.

Message 5/17             27-Feb-01  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

lofreq

I am behind k all the way on this one. I *heart* the delta series. I have never been so pleased with a piece of hardware.

shawn

Message 6/17             27-Feb-01  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

Moujik

Link?:  Link

And I've had zero problems with mine - installed fine, REALLY easy to setup....

Recommended.

Message 7/17             28-Feb-01  @  04:42 AM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

doom-cough

i hate to plug guitarmaggedon but, they are selling the the midiman M-1010 for $600 bundled with Vegas software. i know that is great price. i hope 10 ins and outs means you can use the card as a 5.1 system?

Message 8/17             02-Mar-01  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

bbox

SoundTrack Audio DSP24 MK II ?
what about that card? it suppose to have 3ms latency...?

Message 9/17             07-Mar-01  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

m2ka

If you plan on doing everything inside the computer, you should check out the creamware cards. Get a pulsar xtc, or if your short on cash an electra. You get dsp-prosessing of synths and fx, and get to free up some cpu power for the software

Message 10/17             07-Mar-01  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: soundcard advise needed

bokonon

Link?:  Link

Creamware cards really are the best bet. you can always add more cards later to increase your capability. the Powersampler, Plusar@, Scope - they all kick ass with each other. the Luna2 is your best choice. it can do everything the other cards can, and more.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)