aaa Does this work? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Does this work?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             07-Jun-01  @  02:45 PM   -   Does this work?

Johan_wuyts

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

First of all i'll buy a Terratec 88mt. I use the 8 analog inputs to connect my hardware synths. Within cubase i use the Terratec for the vst-instruments and soft samplers. With the terratec mixer i route some of the channels through the digital out and some through the 8 channel analog out for further mixing with my 01v. Then at the end i record my final mix form the 01v via the digital out in the terratec's digital in.

Working this way I hope to get additional 8 channel analog input, have a good soundcard for vst-instruments and have a digital input for recording my v01.

Does this work and is it possible to put some FX and EQ on the 8 analog inputs with PC software. Or are there better alternatives.

Thanks for any reply, Grts johan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             07-Jun-01  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

k

Link?: Link

cant quite see how that'll get you more inputs on the 01V, cos if you route the EWS 8 analog outs to the 01V line channel in's then those channels are taken... you could just as easily route the hardware outboard synths into the 01v innit?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/18             07-Jun-01  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

Johan_wuyts

I want to route some of the input channels on the terratec to its digital out. For the mixing i thought i could use its internal mix function and use some fx and eq from PC software for coloring the sound. So instead of getting extra inputs on the 01v I get extra inputs from the terratec.

Maybe its kind of stupid. But I am on a budget and I need some extra inputs, a sampler, a new soundcard for vst-i's and a digital input. I thought this might be a cheap all in solutions.

grts, johan

Message 4/18             07-Jun-01  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

seenull

I've got a Terratec, and it will definiteley do what you want. The internal routing is a bit cumbersome, being spread across three different pages (main mixer, input, wave). And be aware those analog inputs are RCA. Still, I have had no problems with mine, and it will satisfy your needs, I think.

Message 5/18             08-Jun-01  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

k

no, it was this bit that confused me: "With the terratec mixer i route some of the channels through the digital out and some through the 8 channel analog out for further mixing with my 01v"

Yes, incoming audio fed IN to the EWS can have fx added (additive fx like reverb & delay work best, not compressors etc) - but if you then route those out to the 01V via ANALOG out, IN to 01V analog IN's that doesnt save any channels does it?.. or do you mean like mix 6 EWS inputs OUT thru s/w fx to a stereo EWS OUT then IN to only 2 channels on the 01V ?...

wouldnt he be better off with a digital adat card?.. then he could route all his s/w synths & sampler OUT via the 8 dig' outs to the 01V via digital & get 8 extra dig inputs... that'd leave ALL the 01V analog in's free and he could mix the whole 01V mix back via s/pdif to the pc...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/18             09-Jun-01  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

Johan_wuyts

Thanks for the replys

K what you said sounds very interesting. Which adat soundcard would you suggest? B.t.w. is there an adat soundcard that also has analog in's?

Message 7/18             09-Jun-01  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

influx

Link?:  Link

check out frontier designs. I think the wavecenter does? or the dakota. cant remember

theres always the MOTU 2408. 8 analog IO, 3 adats.

kinda pricy tho but that sure gives you TONS of routing

Message 8/18             11-Jun-01  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

k

hoontech do an adat option for the dsp2496 too !!..

Message 9/18             12-Jun-01  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Does this work?

Johan_wuyts

Thanks for your reactions. Ill take em all in considaration.

grts, johan

Message 10/18             12-Jun-01  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Does this work?

99devils

None of the Frontier cards have analog ins, but with multiple ADAT ports you could always buy an ADAT converter. I'd suggest the RME Digi9652 card.. It's got ADAT and analog I/O, and so does the Yamaha DSP Factory.

But then again, if you have the ADAT I/O between the PC and the 01V, you probably don't need the analog ins. In that case, I'd look at the Frontier Wavecenter.

I've got the DSP Factory/ADAT/01V setup. It's very nice, and I never find myself wanting additional analog ins. It would be nice to be able to have 16 channels of ADAT to the PC instead of 8, but..  

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)