aaa know how to use side chain waves c1 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: know how to use side chain waves c1

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             26-May-01  @  10:42 PM   -   know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

can't figure out how to rought to signals to the same insert? i want to gate a vocal track with the rythm tracks. And do it with some pads as well. I have the wave native gold bundle.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             28-May-01  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Formant

Link?: Link

i didn't think you could?

i may break the manuals out later.

another alternative is some plugin out there called gaterizer or something. it gates audio based on a midi pattern. but i think its vst only so you would need the adapter.

jamey

Message 3/23             28-May-01  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

gb

Do a mixdown first, if what you're trying to do doesn't work.

Message 4/23             28-May-01  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

psylichon

You could try running all the tracks you want to key to a "virtual main" and putting the compressor sidechain on there. I've never used the Waves compressor with a sidechain. I have, however, used the db-audioware dynamics processor with sidechain, and I think it may be a lot more flexible. Sounds great, too (if you don't mind coloration... it's good coloration!)

psylichon

Message 5/23             28-May-01  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

yes i think mixing the material to a stereo file with the triger audio panned to one side and the uotput material panned hard to the other would work. then I'll set the C1+ up so the trigger side is set to side chain and I think It will work. I tried using the direcixer plug-in converter to convert my midigate plug-in, but the midi features were not converted. There are other converters on the market that convert all the midi features of VST plug-ins, but this is a cheap one. I'll post back the results of my gating experiment.

Message 6/23             29-May-01  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Formant

actually brett fxpansion didn't work either with midigate :-(

jamey

Message 7/23             30-May-01  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

Is there a directx midi gate out there with a filter. like the filtergate they make?

Jamey, you using the light version or the standard of fxexpansion3.0

Message 8/23             30-May-01  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

alright K was roght. Yopu can't do the channels independatly like you can with hardware. I did gating like this with a zoom years ago. You mute out the side chain channel, but when you make a steroe file with the triger material on one side and the output on the other ans lower the levels on the muted side, bith left and right are used as the triger for the sidechain, and it's responds based on the frequency of the side chain. Nice for gating out unwanted frequencies , but not for tweeking pads and vocals.

Message 9/23             30-May-01  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Brett B

mission accomplished. I put the c1+ on an aux send. sent the bass drum and the snare drum panned left to it pre mixer. then I sent a bass through it panned right pre mixer and pulled the level down on it's channel strip.In the compressor, I opened the keyed gate preset and turned the left channel's volume down to zero and bypassed the comp so on;lt the gate was working,and with some threshold adjustments it worked flawlessly. The bass was gated and triggered by the drums.

Message 10/23             31-May-01  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: know how to use side chain waves c1

Formant

feverishly writing that down and trying to get it to work... COOL!

thanks for the tip

jamey

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)