aaa Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/33             25-Nov-01  @  11:18 AM   -   Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

FYI

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

GC is blowing em out for $399.00. I wonder if I should get one. Guy said they are being discontinued. Funny they made such a big deal about this thing when it came out (mostly how overpriced they were) not to mention all the work Korg put into R&D and now there being canned. Should I buy this product? I guess they won't have much product support in the future. Is there something fundementally wrong with the design? I guess they must have bombed in the sales department. ANy comments?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/33             27-Nov-01  @  03:47 AM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

Brett B

if i had the money i would get it just to use the synths and multi channel fx in a stand alone computer.

Message 3/33             28-Nov-01  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

influx

Link?:  Link

its a sick deal compared to original price, and $100 less than the last blow out

tell the truth..Im off to get one!

Message 4/33             28-Nov-01  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

Pbuggers

Link?: Link

I am a owner of the oasys pci. I bought mine about 6 months ago and paid £529.99 (uk) this was a good deal at the time.

The internal synths are superb, and the fx are amonxt the best i have, it's trouble free and i also run it alongside an m-audio delta 66.

make sure u get the version 2 drivers if u are to buy them as this gives u a shit load of samples and sampler modules which are also superb.

iv'e had mine a while and i stll haven't been through all the samples and sounds, it is basicly a korg triton with many other stunning synths, that can be as clean or as dirty as u like, my favorite is the KB303 its a TB303 clone and a mean one at that.

the price u have shown is under half the price i paid, what r u waiting for she is a beast.

Bug 

Message 5/33             30-Nov-01  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

Si

Link?: Link

Can anyone point me in the direction of a GC website?

Cheers

Message 6/33             30-Nov-01  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

FYI

I don't think Guitar Center sells stuff online. They are more of a regional store sales type place like Sam Ash. All branches are interconnected nationally. I suggest you call their 800 number. They can check their inventory nationwide. You will probably have to pay $499.00. You might hurrry since once their gone Korg isn't going to make more Oasys cards. I think they will ship to you if you live outside a state where they are located. I am picking up mine today. Its been on hold for $399.00. I will ask the guy at GC and see what he says. Try Guitar Center.com

Message 7/33             30-Nov-01  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

influx

nope. www.musiciansfriend.com. thats guitar center

they are $399 still, and ANY store will ship to yours or you can buy online.

note. got mine for $340 

Message 8/33             01-Dec-01  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

FYI

Got mine today. Sending it back. Spent ing 6 hours trying to install the er, error messages. Then it couldn't find the drivers, then I got the drivers in and it couldn't find the card, then the software wouldn't install. reinstalling, deleting, re deleting, I ing hate windows.
I am thinking of buying reason or reaktor. Any comments on which is better.

Message 9/33             01-Dec-01  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

FYI

Got mine today. Sending it back. Spent 6 ing hours trying to install it, reinstall it deinstall it, ect.. Quite frankly I am just too old to deal with this kind of shit anymore. Note, I have built three of my own computers without a hitch. If windows existed in the 60's the Beatles would never have been discovered, they'de still be ing with pci drivers. Nothing but error messages. First it couldn't find the drivers, then I got the drivers in and it couldn't find the card. Then it wouldn't load the software. I ing hate windows. To the 19 attorney generals with the anti-trust suit against Microshit, please do not bargain away your settlement rights.
The world deserves better.

I am thinking about getting reason or Reaktor.
Which one is better. Comments?

Message 10/33             01-Dec-01  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Oasys $399.00 Is this a good deal?

influx

huh. thats funny. youre the first person Ive heard that couldnt get it installed hassle free. oh well. clean up your computer a bit!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)