aaa Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34             29-Jan-02  @  01:33 PM   -   Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Was looking at NI PRO-52. It's a Prophet-5 emulator. I do have a Prophet Synth preset with Tassman already. I took a look at Reaktor while at the NI site and it sounds impressive, but is also quite a bit more expensive. Any experienced with either or both of these softsynths? How are they? How much processing power do they eat as you add polyphony or in Reaktor's case, modules?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/34             29-Jan-02  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

How much processor Sitar? Whaddya mean? On what kind of box were you thinking of running these?

As standalone (in both cases) or as VSTIs? Within Cubase, Logic or Orion??

For the record, i like Pro52 a LOT... a very very well featureded softsynth and there's already a lot of free patches out there to showcase the sound.. (as well as nice controller maps for the likes of the Phatboy, Control Freak etc.)

Dunno much about Reaktor, but I've heard all good things about it.. esp. from the likes of k etc...

Marc_D

Message 3/34             29-Jan-02  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

k

if you have the SN2 (which you do i think) i'd get either Reaktor 3 or FM7 (of the NI range) - pro-52 is good, but i think the SN already has those sort of sounds covered although NOt the same quite as the SN2... whereas FM7 or REAKTOR 3 opens up new worlds of synthesis & sounds i think more alongside a good VA you already own... (reaktor accepts samples & reads akai sample CD's to do audio synthesis & wave synthesis fx etc (and reaktor 3 also works as a VSTi FX plugin for audio processing THRU it's system)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/34             29-Jan-02  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

k

... but hey... check it out anyways with the demo of PRO 52 to make sure.... NI have good demo's of all their synths - and remember the mighty ABSYNTH is out for PC (NI 'bought in' & tweaked ABSYNTH from another creator and it rocks too) - ty them all as demo i suggest - NI do a superb sorted demo disk with ALL it's products on.. each with a demo setup & audio examples....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/34             29-Jan-02  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitar

Thanks K. I think Reaktor is now available as a dxi as well. So the SN can pretty much do the Prophet-5? That's good to know. I wouldn't know the Prophet-5 sounds from anything else but it sounds like I'd wind up with an unnecessary overlap. So yea the demos are what I'll look at next. Absynth looks good too although I didn't see it on their site. Must have overlooked it.

Thanks Marc. Haven't seen you around much. Hope all is well. I'm using an 850 PIII with 512 RAM and 36gb IDE hd spinning at 7200 rpm. Would run the program as dxi or vsti in Sonar.

Message 6/34             29-Jan-02  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitar

I found Absynth. They say it's to be released for pc in march. I think I might wait for that to happen. Looks pretty amazing...envelopes. And if they keep the price that the mac version goes for it's cheaper than Reaktor.

Message 7/34             31-Jan-02  @  03:50 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

knowa

I have the pro-52 and the absynth demo. they sound pretty different to me. absynth has a very hi-fi sound, even on dirty patches, like you can hear the dirt very clearly, while the pro-52 has a bit more of that older, analog-ish sound with nice sparkle, but little 'air' meaing that REALLY high frequency shimmery presence. it sounds a LOT more clear and 'digital" than my pulse playing very similar patches, tho. I love them both. the absynth demo is wicked too, which is why I posted that link to it. from the sound of your music, I think you's really dig programming beats using the envelopes on the absynth. it's really ill, tho I'm content with the demo, and interesed mostly in really boring farty sounds like pianos lately.

Message 8/34             31-Jan-02  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

Brett B

Link?:  No link

I found Reaktor to be heavy on resources. although the sounds in it are the best I have heard. You can do hard Virus like analog modeling, or emulate an old leslie organ or rhodes piano. The pro-52 is much more limiting than the modualr design of Reaktor, but easy to get going with.

Message 9/34             01-Feb-02  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

sitar

The heavy processing power makes me want to back off. It gets frustrating when you start to get dropouts. What are you using for again for a pc Brett? Absynth does sound wicked to with those envelopes. I would love to find software, which maybe Reactor can offer, that does Junos really well. Well its a toss-up still. I guess I'd rule out the Pro-52 for now only because it does one thing, however well. Even though Pongoid also said the real Prophet 5 produces some big warm sounds which I like.

Message 10/34             01-Feb-02  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: Anybody using NI Reaktor or Pro52

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

*heh* Synthesisers that only do ONE thing...

What a concept eh?

"Ambassedor with these multi-configuration softsynths you are spoiling us!"

LOL  

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)