aaa AMD not compatibel with many cards - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: AMD not compatibel with many cards

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36             09-Jun-02  @  02:18 AM   -   AMD not compatibel with many cards

Brett

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

talked with an AMD employee who said that AMD chips are not compatible with many soundcards. If they are not listed on their site as commpatible than they may not work properly. Maudio is one that definatly has problems. There may be many others.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/36             09-Jun-02  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

influx

Link?: Link

thats funny. M Audio has problems? Horizens has an audiophile and an XP1800 and hasnt had a single problem.

Message 3/36             09-Jun-02  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

Brett

this is what the guy told me. I don't want to get him fired by saying what he does there, but the amd research team tests the amds with all the mobo's and soundcards and he said that the m-audio is not compatible with all mobo's running amd chipsets.

Message 4/36             09-Jun-02  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

bedwyr

no problems with terratec ews88mt or the echo darla before that, or sounblaster live before that.

"AMD chips are not compatible with many soundcards" regardless of your source, why isn't this widely reported? i'd assume it's because not many people have problems with it. what's the point of posting uselessly ambiguous statements like this? seemingly refuted by first hand experience too.

Message 5/36             10-Jun-02  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

k

total bollox I have used 3 adm via machines with audiophile and they all were/are fine - was using one today in fact (xp) with logic doing an RnB session, no probs all day...

Message 6/36             10-Jun-02  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

k

mind you - the cards THEY test would probably be all consumer cards for games like BSLive etc, not pro audio cards I expect.

Message 7/36             10-Jun-02  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

influx

yeah. I dont even see why AMD would even really LOOK at "recording" soundcards

M-Audio DOES have a note on there site regarding VIA chipsets though, but theres a very simple fix available

Not buyin it.

Message 8/36             10-Jun-02  @  05:01 AM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

damballah

i've got a theory. and it's mine.

Message 9/36             10-Jun-02  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

Brett

hey, it was what the guy said. You know there may be certain mobo/card setups that have issues wether or not the few people you mentioned are doing ok, they deal with customer feedback in the 1000's.

Message 10/36             10-Jun-02  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: AMD not compatibel with many cards

damballah

what's mine is mine and my theory is mine.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)